Dinamo Riga 18/19 - Yes, Still a KHL team!

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
Early but who cares...

First let us all thank Gazprom Exports for their continued support - thanks for that!

The board met on 29th March and instructed Girts Ankipans to start preparing for the coming season. He's currentl GM/Head Coach.

I wouldn't mind if they gave Sandis another shot as he didn't have a fair chance last time but I can't see that happening & I'd really love if we didn't go so heavy on 'Team Latvia' and went scouting for some imports that could actually help us out.

However I still we will see Team Latvia + fringe imports again.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Indrasis is leaving to Moscow, that's the big news so even if the team is going to be in the same mold it will be very much different that way. Regarding team Latvia, positives are that there are a lot of Latvian FAs and they are pretty cheap at this point. You still need money and not magic beans for them though.

Reactions: Rigafan

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
I mean, Indrasis deserves to be on a team that has a chance of winning, for a chance. Just hope we don't win it all this coming season now he's leaving

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I don't think we could ever be aiming that high. Kenins is unlikely to ever leave Switzerland as well, that's more of his home that Latvia is by this point. Dzerins, Kulda, Bartulis are still out there and could be aimed at as they all had mediocre seasons.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Sure. But if Riga had those gazprom euros they would be better off going for some other guy. Since Kenins plays with Swiss license non-import status inflates his price, just like Russian players in the KHL. Going after them is just a bad deal.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
A guy who didn't cut it in the AHL so he moved to DEL.. Don't know what would be promising about it. He is decent I guess but nothing to write home about. Justin Shugg was someone with a similar career trajectory and we've seen how good he was.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I actually think that's the best decision Armalis could have made so I'm rather glad about it. Kalnins is a proven starter at this point anyway.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Linus Videll coming back to Riga. Getting a pretty reliable and actually decent KHL player? What is this sorcery? :skeptic:

Wow Kevin Clark as well. It looks like Riga indeed has some money this year.

Last edited:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Well he has successfully played in Germany, Switzerland and Sweden. They don't come much more proven than that, who cares about the nationality.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Honestly I'm not too excited about Gudlevskis, I think Kalnins will still end up being a starter. Dzerins as a 3rd line center is a really nice piece though.

v-man

Apr 19, 2006
Toronto
www.ivories.ca
Honestly I'm not too excited about Gudlevskis, I think Kalnins will still end up being a starter. Dzerins as a 3rd line center is a really nice piece though.
You know Kalnins signed with Jokerit, right? Hopefully Gudlevskis has a comeback year. He's been regressing the past few seasons in the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad