Dinamo Riga 18/19 - Yes, Still a KHL team!

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
For the price of the hotel you could get your own nice apartment on Airbnb in the centre, worth checking out if you don't mind using it.

Don't worry about seating in the arena, all seats are good with a nice view, I usually sit on the balcony for the nice view of the ice.

Take the bus from the airport to the centre, the stop is right outside the terminal across the car park, costs a few euro and then you can probably just walk to the hotel/airbnb you booked

Try to take Baltic taxi only if you can, they are big company and salaried drivers, others might give you an unplanned tour of the city to make a few extra euros - this doesn't bother me but some it might

You can walk to Arena riga and back from the centre in like 15 mins, or take a taxi

Riga is small city so you can easily see a lot just wandering around, the zoo is fun if you take the tram to it. Old town is great to see but to eat/drink dont just stay there as its more expensive, pick an avenue walk down it and find something else!

The railway museum across the bridge from old town is interesting

Check out the 'Central Markets' some refer to it as 'Russian markets' but either way its worth alook

Eat at Lido to try latvian food

Thanks for the helpful tips! I sorted out everything. Flight, ticket to the game, air BNB. It will be my 4th Kravtsov game to attend this season. Funny story: In Vancouver last Wednesday, I was approached by a Russian family who wanted a photo with me. Turns out it was Vitali Kravtsov's family! His mom, dad and sister. They recognized me from the video Traktor released of me meeting Vitali in Helsinki back in September. Such a weird but awesome meeting.

Looking forward to the weekend in Riga! Thanks again

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
Thanks for the helpful tips! I sorted out everything. Flight, ticket to the game, air BNB. It will be my 4th Kravtsov game to attend this season. Funny story: In Vancouver last Wednesday, I was approached by a Russian family who wanted a photo with me. Turns out it was Vitali Kravtsov's family! His mom, dad and sister. They recognized me from the video Traktor released of me meeting Vitali in Helsinki back in September. Such a weird but awesome meeting.

Looking forward to the weekend in Riga! Thanks again

All in all, an awesome story.
I wish I could be in Riga and be your local guide :D

Reactions: Amazing Kreiderman

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Hi guys, I have a question: I might spend two semesters in Riga between September '19 and June '20 as an exchange student. Dinamo Riga is one of the reasons I wish to choose Riga over some other cities. How much should I expect to pay for a season ticket in a relatively decent section of the stands? Personally, I've been quite content with how Dinamo have been so far in this season, especially considering how terrible the last couple of years were. Do you expect any improvements for the next season? Being from Turkey where watching high quality hockey is impossible, I'm really not gonna complain about Dinamo being bad but who doesn't prefer witnessing an amazing story and a deep playoff run instead of a dull season with only 45pts in 62 games? :)

Of course, this post is written with the assumption that I can actually hold a season ticket... I hope it doesn't require me to be a Latvian citizen or some other stuff like this.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Hi guys, I have a question: I might spend two semesters in Riga between September '19 and June '20 as an exchange student. Dinamo Riga is one of the reasons I wish to choose Riga over some other cities. How much should I expect to pay for a season ticket in a relatively decent section of the stands? Personally, I've been quite content with how Dinamo have been so far in this season, especially considering how terrible the last couple of years were. Do you expect any improvements for the next season? Being from Turkey where watching high quality hockey is impossible, I'm really not gonna complain about Dinamo being bad but who doesn't prefer witnessing an amazing story and a deep playoff run instead of a dull season with only 45pts in 62 games? :)

Of course, this post is written with the assumption that I can actually hold a season ticket... I hope it doesn't require me to be a Latvian citizen or some other stuff like this.
A lot of information can be found here and I think you can contact them for the price estimate etc as I doubt you will get a quick reply with an exact number here... DINAMO RIGA 11th season tickets now on sale — The Official Website of Dinamo Riga Ice-Hockey Club

Regarding the team itself, I think it will stay on the same budget which means PO can only be in sight if they hit another couple of home runs with imports. Since it is unlikely I wouldn't bet on it. It won't be helpless either though, Ankipans seems to know what he's doing and I don't think any of important Latvian guys are going to leave. In today's KHL none of them is import spot worthy. But replacing Maione and Videll with something similar is near impossible.

Reactions: hansomreiste

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
A lot of information can be found here and I think you can contact them for the price estimate etc as I doubt you will get a quick reply with an exact number here... DINAMO RIGA 11th season tickets now on sale — The Official Website of Dinamo Riga Ice-Hockey Club

Regarding the team itself, I think it will stay on the same budget which means PO can only be in sight if they hit another couple of home runs with imports. Since it is unlikely I wouldn't bet on it. It won't be helpless either though, Ankipans seems to know what he's doing and I don't think any of important Latvian guys are going to leave. In today's KHL none of them is import spot worthy. But replacing Maione and Videll with something similar is near impossible.

Thank you. The website says they have %50 discount for students with a valid ID. If they accept exchange students (theoretically, they should, I assume I'd have a card of my school) then tickets are really cheap. With discount, a really nice view costs €10 or less. Let's say 31 home games from €10 which gives us €310 for full season. Season tickets must be cheaper, let's keep it cautious and say it will be only %20 cheaper than buying single tickets all the time. Rounding it, we are at €250 level. I believe this could go down as low as €150 with seat changes and such. Sounds really decent for a full season of entertainment.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
But replacing Maione and Videll with something similar is near impossible.

Yup, they had a home run and many of these cases are little more than sheer luck. We shouldn't forget Bilyalov, he's been a surprise and is having an excellent season, I guess he'll be back in Kazan.
Hopefully they'll be able to replace them and have an even better season next year.

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
Thank you. The website says they have %50 discount for students with a valid ID. If they accept exchange students (theoretically, they should, I assume I'd have a card of my school) then tickets are really cheap. With discount, a really nice view costs €10 or less. Let's say 31 home games from €10 which gives us €310 for full season. Season tickets must be cheaper, let's keep it cautious and say it will be only %20 cheaper than buying single tickets all the time. Rounding it, we are at €250 level. I believe this could go down as low as €150 with seat changes and such. Sounds really decent for a full season of entertainment.

When I had my non lativan non International student card - everywhere in Riga just accepted it. So yeah you might be alright with that

Reactions: hansomreiste

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
We shouldn't forget Bilyalov, he's been a surprise and is having an excellent season, I guess he'll be back in Kazan.
I'm not too worried about it because with a league this small I think it's not too much trouble to get a good goalie, Bilyalov's route is a way to go. It's just about picking out best of those available. Because those guys aren't expensive, they just want to get minutes in the KHL. If Bilyalov himself goes back to Kazan it automatically makes Podyapolsky and Sharichenkov available. Kochetkov and Tarasov are pushing really hard, etc. Nalimov was one of the best goalies in the league last season and he is now Ava's 3rd goalie, basically... Truly a lot of good goalies on the market these days.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
I'm not too worried about it because with a league this small I think it's not too much trouble to get a good goalie, Bilyalov's route is a way to go. It's just about picking out best of those available. Because those guys aren't expensive, they just want to get minutes in the KHL. If Bilyalov himself goes back to Kazan it automatically makes Podyapolsky and Sharichenkov available. Kochetkov and Tarasov are pushing really hard, etc. Nalimov was one of the best goalies in the league last season and he is now Ava's 3rd goalie, basically... Truly a lot of good goalies on the market these days.

This is true either, but there is always some element of luck. Good win yesterday, btw, with a decent crowd.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
So the season comes down to Dinamo needing a win against CSKA in Moscow. This has been one hell of the season with some amazing performances and I would have been thrilled to know guys will still be in the playoff race with 1 day to go. Having said that, even if CSKA rests their leaders, the chances are very slim.

Reactions: Rigafan

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
So the season comes down to Dinamo needing a win against CSKA in Moscow. This has been one hell of the season with some amazing performances and I would have been thrilled to know guys will still be in the playoff race with 1 day to go. Having said that, even if CSKA rests their leaders, the chances are very slim.
Well, for that you can blame Dinamo Minsk for basically giving up on their season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad