Value of: Dimitri Samorukov

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
This. Bear and Bouchard don't affect Samurokov. Klefbom, Nurse, Jones at the NHL level, and Broberg at the AHL level will. Samurkov's future as an Oiler was put into question the moment we drafted Broberg in my opinion.
Nashville made out very well by continually developing good young defencemen. These players can become very valuable trade assets but you need to take care who and when you move.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Nashville made out very well by continually developing good young defencemen. These players can become very valuable trade assets but you need to take care who and when you move.
Well let’s hope we don’t do a Jones trade then.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I find it interesting how many people on here will act like teams don't need players at a certain position because they have a few prospects in the system.

I still don't believe Edmonton has any REAL depth on the blue line after this season.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I find it interesting how many people on here will act like teams don't need players at a certain position because they have a few prospects in the system.

I still don't believe Edmonton has any REAL depth on the blue line after this season.

Which teams do have real depth?? Most teams have at least two guys playing regularly at points during the year who are either rookies or are bottom 6 tweeners. The Oilers depth is probably amongst the top 10 in the NHL. What they lack is a real top end guy.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
His value is higher to the oilers than to other fan bases

He falls into the category of a team and their base looking at the shiny new toy and maybe putting too much value on him.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

The Oilers have depth. But if we start trading our prospects like Samurokov, we won't have organizational depth for long.

The issue with the Oilers blueline isn't depth, its top end quality. Klefbom is a borderline #1 when healthy, but we don't have a great partner for him since Larsson isn't playing like he did in '17. We need a partner for Klefbom to really thrive with, or an elite #1 guy. Depth wise, I think this year we've shown we are fine, even depth player injuries didn't really hurt us much.

Reactions: TFHockey

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
I see our future D as

Broberg Bouchard
Samorukov Bear
Jones Benning
Scrub

How long from now are we talking? Not counting Benning, the most experienced guys in that lineup are rookies... it'll be 6 years from now before that lineup would be competitive enough to win IMO. And even that... it's what, Jones and Bear at the ripe age of 28? Bouchard and Samorukov are 26, Broberg is 24.

Yikes, that's 6 years from now and it's still pretty young IMO. Meanwhile Klefbom, Larsson and Nurse are in their early thirties playing the vet roles on a winning team. No thanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad