Value of: Dimitri Samorukov

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
There was a time where I thought he was our second best D prospect behind Bouchard but in reality we have a lot of depth on the left side.

The problem is I dont know what to ask for. Our young wingers are coming up and making an impact, we have 2 or 3 top 6 centers, and a bunch of young D men rounding out our group. Unless we can package Samorukov for an impact roster player I dont see why we trade him.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Probably a similar prospect, he’s pretty buried on our depth chart behind Bear, Jones, Bouchard. So a similar age prospect FWD who’s just showing well in the AHL right now.

Odds are Oilers just hold on and wait and see if he ever becomes a NHL player and deal with it then

Reactions: ivanlwan and mlzy

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Tough to say.

It would be funny considering the same Guelph connection, but Nate Schnarr would be a pretty close forward equivalent to swap.

Reactions: mlzy

mlzy

Feb 7, 2009
I saw that he was buried in your depth chart and figured the ask wouldn’t be astronomical. So interesting to know that something could possibly be arranged, considering the Devils could use some defensive help!

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I saw that he was buried in your depth chart and figured the ask wouldn’t be astronomical. So interesting to know that something could possibly be arranged, considering the Devils could use some defensive help!

He's very buried but hes also very appreciated by the fanbase. If we had a glaring need we could say "sure give us a _____" but the reality is we dont have that glaring need right now. So any trade would likely have Oilers fans pretty apathetic.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I'm going to disagree with anyone that says he's buried behind all of our LHD depth.

The team doesn't have any real depth. They have a bunch of prospects that they hope can someday make the NHL.

Russell will be gone. Bouchard hasnt made the jump so you can't pencil him in anywhere. Lagesson seems to be a 7th D at most. The only guy who we can reasonably say is going to be on the roster next year is Jones. Samo is a good prospect and not one we should be looking to move cause we have all this depth, cause we don't.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I'm going to disagree with anyone that says he's buried behind all of our LHD depth.

The team doesn't have any real depth. They have a bunch of prospects that they hope can someday make the NHL.

Russell will be gone. Bouchard hasnt made the jump so you can't pencil him in anywhere. Lagesson seems to be a 7th D at most. The only guy who we can reasonably say is going to be on the roster next year is Jones. Samo is a good prospect and not one we should be looking to move cause we have all this depth, cause we don't.

I think Klefbom, Nurse, and Jones are the roster players ahead of him with Broberg looking like the more favorable prospect in the eyes of the team. I definitely think Samorukov could develop well but he almost looks better than the spots that are available to take.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I think we may use him as an inclusion in another deal. Like for instance, maybe we make a side deal with Seattle to take Neal, and Samorukov will a piece included as a sweetner.

Or we trade for an established Dman, and Samorukov is one piece going the other way.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Oilers have no reason to move him at this point.

With graduations the pipeline is pretty thin so we'll see how he does next year with an expanded role.

All it would take is Jones getting selected by Seattle, Nurse pricing himself out of Edmonton and suddenly the pro team and prospect pool are both thin.

mlzy

Feb 7, 2009
I would consider Zacha but not sure if that would sit right with Devils fans
in my eyes Zacha might be doable, he has really developed into a nice two way center but with the Devils picking 6th there is going to be a couple good centres there.

Notabaguette

Mar 4, 2018
Who's he playing with, he was unreal with the Guelph Storm last year. Thought he would turn into a top 4 in NHL in a few years.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Tough to say.

It would be funny considering the same Guelph connection, but Nate Schnarr would be a pretty close forward equivalent to swap.

I definitely wouldn't trade him for Schnarr. Samorukov's being used in a shutdown role in Bakersfield, and his offensive production has been up as of late. Once Bouchard is gone, he will get more pp time and his production should increase. I still consider him one of our best prospects, after Bouch, Broberg, Benson, and possibly Lavoie.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I don’t think he available . If you ask me he is unavailable but I am not the GM . The guy got a very underrated 2 way game . He hits like a truck and destroys people and while doing cleanly . As fighting gets weed out of the game you need a guy like him . I value his physical part of the game more then I values Nurse fighting . Plus with Nurse asking price and Klefbom being made of glass I see our future D as

Broberg Bouchard
Samorukov Bear
Jones Benning
Scrub

all mobile D . Of course many things can change . Getting Nurse to accept a reasonable contract will be a big one . Development will also greatly effect what happens .

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
If the Devils want a Dman what about Larsson. He might welcome a trade back to NJ and I think moving forward he will be expendable. Most of us wanted him for this run and were willing to move him in the off season

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
McLeod's brother for Samurai. Oilers have no prospect depth at C.

McLeod-McLeod-xxxx could be a decent 3rd line looking down in future.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
I don’t think he available . If you ask me he is unavailable but I am not the GM . The guy got a very underrated 2 way game . He hits like a truck and destroys people and while doing cleanly . As fighting gets weed out of the game you need a guy like him . I value his physical part of the game more then I values Nurse fighting . Plus with Nurse asking price and Klefbom being made of glass I see our future D as

Broberg Bouchard
Samorukov Bear
Jones Benning
Scrub

all mobile D . Of course many things can change . Getting Nurse to accept a reasonable contract will be a big one . Development will also greatly effect what happens .
maybe 5 years out... no way you run this in 2yrs. Broberg is 3+ years away from being at the same level as Klefbom. Samurai will take just as long to be as good as Nurse.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Probably a similar prospect, he’s pretty buried on our depth chart behind Bear, Jones, Bouchard. So a similar age prospect FWD who’s just showing well in the AHL right now.

Odds are Oilers just hold on and wait and see if he ever becomes a NHL player and deal with it then

How is Samurokov being buried by Bouchard and Bear when they don't play the same side lol

Samurokov competition is Broberg and Jones.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
As has been said, we don't need to move him, he'll be our 2nd pair anchor in Bakersfield next year most likely. We could move him though, either for a same value and potential prospect C, or a young goalie with NHL upside. Our goalie prospects looked solid a year ago, but had bad seasons and are looking not good to me.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
How is Samurokov being buried by Bouchard and Bear when they don't play the same side lol

Samurokov competition is Broberg and Jones.

This. Bear and Bouchard don't affect Samurokov. Klefbom, Nurse, Jones at the NHL level, and Broberg at the AHL level will. Samurkov's future as an Oiler was put into question the moment we drafted Broberg in my opinion.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
This. Bear and Bouchard don't affect Samurokov. Klefbom, Nurse, Jones at the NHL level, and Broberg at the AHL level will. Samurkov's future as an Oiler was put into question the moment we drafted Broberg in my opinion.

Yup... like someone mentioned earlier the player I'd want for Samurokov is Zacha... and Devils fan probably won't like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad