Did the pens miss out on Arnott?

Phil68

Jun 13, 2009
Arnott could have played as 3rd line center and sutter play on crosby's wing

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012

You do realize not every center can move over to wing.....

Besides, Arnott couldn't even pass a physical with the Rangers. Why the hell should the Penguins grab him? He's no where close to being a need.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness

Sutter is a natural C and he was acquired to replace Staal, as he is also a defense-first type player. Putting him in a scoring winger role would waste his best qualities as a hockey player. I know everyone is dying alive to get Crosby a winger (including Sid probably) but this shoe-horning attitude people have sometimes is nuts.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Damn, how does that even happen?

I assume NHL physicals are different from the ones Joe Schmo gets. Is there something about a maximum body fat percentage written into pro contracts?

Nah, Arnott's a pro when it comes to conditioning. If he failed his physical, it's probably because his joints or his back or something are wrecked, not because he ate too many doughnuts. Think he's had hip, knee and back issues over the years.

specialized

Jan 24, 2013
Yeah I guess that was a bad call, but im sure some team will sign him before the end of the season.

And no,I am not a part time pens fan, I have been following the team for over 30 years.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Everyone seems to forget how god-awful Guerin was in his last season. He was a lock for at least four or five fans on empty nets a game.

mrzeigler

.. but I'm not wrong
Sep 30, 2006
Pittsburgh
They missed out on Arnott like I missed out on catching food poisoning by not eating a the Eastland Mall Wiener World back in the early 1980s.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
You do realize not every center can move over to wing.....

Besides, Arnott couldn't even pass a physical with the Rangers. Why the hell should the Penguins grab him? He's no where close to being a need.

Not saying we want him but Arnott has played LW before. He actually broke into the league playing LW on a line with Doug Weight as the center. He's also said a few times that playing the wing was easy for him.

ObsessedCreative*

GOO LORD, you know things are bad on the wings when people are making these types of threads about a million year old CENTRE who hasn't looked like a top 6 player in about 8 years and suggestion you "missed out on him" to force him to play a position he doesn't even play... yikesssss. :shakehead

ObsessedCreative*

Sutter is a natural C and he was acquired to replace Staal, as he is also a defense-first type player. Putting him in a scoring winger role would waste his best qualities as a hockey player. I know everyone is dying alive to get Crosby a winger (including Sid probably) but this shoe-horning attitude people have sometimes is nuts.

The Pittsburgh Penguins wing situation in a nut shell...
square-peg-round-hole.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad