Did the collapse cost Kessel a Hart and Lindsay nomination?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
The Ted Lindsay trophy is awarded to the NHL most outstanding player during the regular season as judged by the NHL players association.

Even in an all-star game Kessel was selected last by the players so having him voted MVP of the league would be highly unlikely. IMO

An SI poll in 2012 of 145 NHL players voted Kessel the easiest to intimidated player(http://cnnsi.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1194882/index.htm)?.. So there is little respect among his own peers for his accomplishments.

If Kessel ever lead the Leafs to success while leading them in scoring then he might get some Hart trophy consideration.

FYI - there was no All Star Game last year.
It was an Olympic year where Phil the Flawed played ok.

Price, Karlsson, Kessel named Olympics' best
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=706157

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
No carlyle did :sarcasm:

Kessel screwed himself and should be gone if this team wants to win anytime soon, u dont win with your top player is kessel. Boston just keeps rolling without him

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Let me get this right.

A few years ago, Peyton Manning was considered a possibility for winning the MVP award in a season where he played 0 games because his team came dead last without him.

This season, for as long as Kessel was producing and carrying the team on his shoulders, the Leafs were either comfortably in a playoff spot, or even vying for a top 2 spot in the Atlantic Division.

The minute Kessel's production dropped, the team lost 12 out of 14 games and spiraled into and incredible collapse.

What does valuable mean to you? It's obvious that this is a guy who can lead a team into a successful position in the season almost singlehandedly (not counting the goalie obviously).

Yes, these are the kinds of players we should be getting rid of. We need more guys like Versteeg, Steen, Stajan, Antropov, Komarov, Modin, Ponikarovsky, Grabovsky, and less players like Larry Murphy, Kaberle, Jonsson, Sundin and Kessel.

The Leafs should count themselves lucky if they were to get a 7th round pick for this bum who is not respected by anyone in the league, hated by his team-mates and is a cancer in the locker room.

I don't even like to listen to Leafs "fans" with all of their ingenious ideas to fix this team. This is a town where players like Jermoe JYD Williams would be celebrated ahead of Michael Jordan.

AnomX

Oct 25, 2013
Let me get this right.

A few years ago, Peyton Manning was considered a possibility for winning the MVP award in a season where he played 0 games because his team came dead last without him.

This season, for as long as Kessel was producing and carrying the team on his shoulders, the Leafs were either comfortably in a playoff spot, or even vying for a top 2 spot in the Atlantic Division.

The minute Kessel's production dropped, the team lost 12 out of 14 games and spiraled into and incredible collapse.

What does valuable mean to you? It's obvious that this is a guy who can lead a team into a successful position in the season almost singlehandedly (not counting the goalie obviously).

Yes, these are the kinds of players we should be getting rid of. We need more guys like Versteeg, Steen, Stajan, Antropov, Komarov, Modin, Ponikarovsky, Grabovsky, and less players like Larry Murphy, Kaberle, Jonsson, Sundin and Kessel.

The Leafs should count themselves lucky if they were to get a 7th round pick for this bum who is not respected by anyone in the league, hated by his team-mates and is a cancer in the locker room.

I don't even like to listen to Leafs "fans" with all of their ingenious ideas to fix this team. This is a town where players like Jermoe JYD Williams would be celebrated ahead of Michael Jordan.

What did I just read? :headache:

Kessel for a 7th? If they're lucky?

I'm hoping this is sarcasm as to how the leafs are evaluating Kessels' season.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad