Did Jets tickets ever cause a relationship rift?

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
During the season, my group picks pairs of tickets. So I regularly take my wife to games, which she enjoys.

During the playoffs we pick single tickets so we can all see a game per round. My wife doesn’t understand why I can’t “TELL your friends you want to take your wife to a game”. (They are technically my seats) She’s taking it like a champ so far. But I see turbulence in the distance if the Jets go deeper than this round and I don’t get her to a game.

You could try and get your group to let you draft a pairs. As long as you pay for them, I don't see the problem. It's not like your getting more games in, it's just shifting the rotation among the other group members by one. I'm not sure how many are in the group but, maybe the remaining group members could pair up as well and draft pairs to keep it more simple.

I mean, if you talk to your group members about it, you never know, they might be open to it. I don't know if it will work this playoff run, since things are likely established already. What if you offered to buy one of your partners' seats from them for a game to bring the wife?

However, I'm sure your wife understands that you can't just break a previously arranged group playoff draft format (of which, she was aware of from the onset, hopefully), even if you're the main account holder.

My wife also has expressed interest in going to a playoff game now, after round 2 has already started. The only way it will happen now is if I work out a side deal with a share partner, lucky for her one of them is her own father, so she can beg him for it directly. LOL!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad