Did Jets tickets ever cause a relationship rift?

Wolf357

Jul 16, 2011
Yep...our group was 306 Center ice row 1 right on the Red line.. when the loge seating went in our group was given the opportunity to move to the new luxury seating... but at 3x the price..there was no way I or others in the group could afford it.. the person who had the seats in their name insisted on “taking the once in a lifetime opportunity “. End of the day the group collapsed and we no longer have season tickets

civic204

Jun 1, 2012
There are a few reported legal cases where Jets tickets are involved.. too lazy to find the news articles.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Never, had these tickets forever. The only time I gave them up was when I made a bet the first year the Jets came back on my tickets and lost the bet. Otherwise, I've been good in terms of never fighting over tickets. Support the Jets through the thick and thin. Like I've said before, I sell them if I really can't go or give them away to the right people.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Yep...our group was 306 Center ice row 1 right on the Red line.. when the loge seating went in our group was given the opportunity to move to the new luxury seating... but at 3x the price..there was no way I or others in the group could afford it.. the person who had the seats in their name insisted on “taking the once in a lifetime opportunity “. End of the day the group collapsed and we no longer have season tickets
Ouch, sorry to hear that.

My group is whiny, but we drafted a contract at the very start (ok, I drafted it and ran it by everyone else). Tix are in my name so I neither want to be hung out to dry in any season or lose the seats. So we's gots rules. Basically the only time you can get out of the group is at the end of the period we signed on for. At the end of the first 4 year block we lost one guy. I picked up his share (5 games) because no one else would, in spite of individuals in the group moaning about not having enough games. At the end of our next block we may or may not lose someone else but I can't afford to pick up another 5 games (well, I can, but don't want to spend that much disposable income on the games as I already get to my 15 and then another 5 or so with others so I already go to almost half the games). So whiny they be but bound by rules they are. In my case family isn't interested so that works well in my favor.

lighthouses

Jan 12, 2014
My friend and I were planning to buy tickets , talked about it for weeks. But then when the Moose ticket holders got priority , he backed out if plan. There was no room for me anymore. I am still friends with him probably cause I lucked out with better seats on the drive to 13, allegedly.

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
No problems.
I'm in a pretty diverse group of people, ranging in ages from 40-65, some with kids, some with none, some retired, some writing them off as business expenses. Many of us have different priorities and preferences (weekend games, afternoon games, opposing teams, etc.) and because of that we tend to compliment eachother well. I am the administrator of the group but I worked with my brother, also in the group, to put together an agreement that tries not to leave a larger financial burden on any one person in the group than what they signed up for. We've gone through one contract period, had a minor shuffle of group members and an upgrade to loge seats, so far so good.
Perhaps I feel more comfortable than others due to being the main account holder, however, I really do feel like we have a solid group, hence I do my best to communicate and keep it fair in all aspects, good/bad (i.e. drafting, pre-season games, Jets Reward points and other benefits).

Reactions: jefferoni

kcin94

Jul 17, 2011
I had two tickets for the 5th game. At the time we weren't sure if my wife was getting her work contract renewed so I was going to offer my second ticket to a friend at cost so I didn't have to pay for two. My wife was not pleased.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
No problems.
{snip}
I do my best to communicate and keep it fair in all aspects, good/bad (i.e. drafting, pre-season games, Jets Reward points and other benefits).
As the primary account holder do you share the Jets Rewards points you receive for purchasing your group's STs with your share partners? Curious to know what other groups do.

Reactions: Sabadecade

Derfel

Everybody Loves Me
Oct 4, 2017
Calgary, AB
Only "rift" I've heard of is a couple we know who split up. They had half a share of season tickets, which awkwardly turned into a quarter share each for the next season, but I don't know if that is still the case. I know one of them wanted the full share, but the other wouldn't let them have it (out of spite, I reckon).

Reactions: Scheifelaine

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Thanks, I assume that's what most (all?) primary account holders who have share partners do.
Nope. I'm a dick. Actually we did discuss this with the group and since I was the guy that got the tickets, does all the administration and foots the bill up front they said I could keep the points. Being P3 points don't add up to much really. I've used the points a couple of times now to upgrade to the glass and took other guys in the group with me to those games so I'm sort of sharing. But I also have a Scheifele auto'd jersey that is all mine. Now I'm saving points again in hopes of a jersey or something of that magnitude again. But the fefe jersey cost me 28500 points and I think they're up to 60K now, so I'm probably facing expiry of points before I hit that total. If they raise the price again I'm SOL.

I also know of a couple that split up. I see them, separately at the games, as they sit in the same row. I don't know the details of the split though. He cheated, she's mega-salty (justifiably so) so I'm kind of surprised he gets any games.

Reactions: jefferoni

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Nope. I'm a dick. Actually we did discuss this with the group and since I was the guy that got the tickets, does all the administration and foots the bill up front they said I could keep the points. Being P3 points don't add up to much really. I've used the points a couple of times now to upgrade to the glass and took other guys in the group with me to those games so I'm sort of sharing. But I also have a Scheifele auto'd jersey that is all mine. Now I'm saving points again in hopes of a jersey or something of that magnitude again. But the fefe jersey cost me 28500 points and I think they're up to 60K now, so I'm probably facing expiry of points before I hit that total. If they raise the price again I'm SOL.

I also know of a couple that split up. I see them, separately at the games, as they sit in the same row. I don't know the details of the split though. He cheated, she's mega-salty (justifiably so) so I'm kind of surprised he gets any games.

I’ve been in 3 different groups and the account administrator aka primary account holder keeps the points for their work in making sure payment deadlines are met, draft orders are intact, communication with rep etc.....

Edgar Halliwax

aka Marvin Candle
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
Jets? No. Adopting a whole foods plant based diet? Yes. Interesting enough, it’s mostly the obese ones that have a problem with it ... go figure.

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
Nope. I'm a dick. Actually we did discuss this with the group and since I was the guy that got the tickets, does all the administration and foots the bill up front they said I could keep the points.

That's not being a dick. It seems fair. It is a lot work to administer the group and ask for money/payments transfer tickets etc. I do, however, get to keep all the STH paraphernalia as the main account holder, lanyards, pins, pucks and fancy boxes they come in but I'm more of a collector than anyone else in our group anyway, so that works out.

You're right about the points anyway, they don't amount to much and it's even worse if you split them up.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
People that bought and share season ticket packages with other people must be pissed when they are constantly getting the tickets to see the bad teams.
lol

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
That's not being a dick. It seems fair. It is a lot work to administer the group and ask for money/payments transfer tickets etc. I do, however, get to keep all the STH paraphernalia as the main account holder, lanyards, pins, pucks and fancy boxes they come in but I'm more of a collector than anyone else in our group anyway, so that works out.

You're right about the points anyway, they don't amount to much and it's even worse if you split them up.

Reliable share partners provide cost certainty for the SSH. Otherwise, they would be dealing with the vagaries of the Winnipeg market to sell off a lot of games. Rewarding your share partners is just the right thing to do. :nod:

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
Reliable share partners provide cost certainty for the SSH. Otherwise, they would be dealing with the vagaries of the Winnipeg market to sell off a lot of games. Rewarding your share partners is just the right thing to do. :nod:

Yup, there's a literal and metaphorical "handshake" that has to be honest and genuine from the onset as well as continued throughout the relationship.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Certainly one way of looking at it. My guys made the suggestion, I ran with it. If they all bail, I'm bailing too. I can't reasonably drop 10K+ on seasons and attend 45 games. So I wouldn't be dealing with the vagaries of the Winnipeg market, someone else would be in the seats.

Sir Erdinger

Jul 24, 2012
Manitoba
During the season, my group picks pairs of tickets. So I regularly take my wife to games, which she enjoys.

During the playoffs we pick single tickets so we can all see a game per round. My wife doesn’t understand why I can’t “TELL your friends you want to take your wife to a game”. (They are technically my seats) She’s taking it like a champ so far. But I see turbulence in the distance if the Jets go deeper than this round and I don’t get her to a game.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
During the season, my group picks pairs of tickets. So I regularly take my wife to games, which she enjoys.

During the playoffs we pick single tickets so we can all see a game per round. My wife doesn’t understand why I can’t “TELL your friends you want to take your wife to a game”. (They are technically my seats) She’s taking it like a champ so far. But I see turbulence in the distance if the Jets go deeper than this round and I don’t get her to a game.

Happy wife, happy life.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad