Did/do you like Tie Domi and his career with the Leafs?

Did/do you like Domi?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
He's a scumbag off the ice, but for an enforcer, he was a fairly competent player, and not a complete plug like Orr or McLaren.

Do you just mean not friendly or engaging to fans? It doesn't look like he's been arrested or involved in any off-ice scandals.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I go to 15-20 games a year and I can't recall ever seeing Domi as part of the alumni.
Seems that he's not welcomed around the team, big reason why his son will never play here.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
I go to 15-20 games a year and I can't recall ever seeing Domi as part of the alumni.
Seems that he's not welcomed around the team, big reason why his son will never play here.

I have a pic of Tie with a couple of my clients from the platinum lounge a few years ago. Tie was eating dinner and was nice enough to excuse himself from the dinner for this photo. He's is often found in the platinum lounge and makes himself quite available to his fans.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Anyone who tries to choke out one of our coaches, Lucas Miller, a good guy who played in O and then minor pro, because of Max's ice time is a bad dude .. we can all handle da barbs and needling and give it back just da same but to physically attack a coach because you didn't like your kids ice time well that's just wrong .. you wanna fight someone fine but ask first and then back away if they decline

Reactions: cookie and 93LEAFS

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Loved having Tie on the team. Can’t really say much about him away from the rink aside that I met him once and he was extremely nice to me.

Reactions: banks and Confucius

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
Feared no one, and was feared by other teams. Looked after everyone in blue and white.Never picked spots til the end of his career. His dumb attack on Niedemeyer turned a series which was my only complaint.
Could skate and play enough to be a great 4th liner and move up from time to time.
Seems to be a bit of a lowlife away from ice, but all in all a great deterrent. No one like Chariot or Dubois would have dared to manhandle Sundin the way they have Matthews they knew somebody was going to have to face Domis wrath.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Anyone who tries to choke out one of our coaches, Lucas Miller, a good guy who played in O and then minor pro, because of Max's ice time is a bad dude .. we can all handle da barbs and needling and give it back just da same but to physically attack a coach because you didn't like your kids ice time well that's just wrong .. you wanna fight someone fine but ask first and then back away if they decline
Tie's favorite place to hangout in London was Dale Hunter's office. I was told one of the reasons Marner/Dvorak was broken up in 2014/15 for the playoffs so Max could play with Dvorak was because Tie kept on bitching about Marner getting favorable treatment and for a variety of reasons M. Domi/Dvorak/Marner didn't click as a stacked top line like Tkachuk/Dvorak/Marner did the next year (Tkachuk knew how to fit in on a line with a puck dominant player like Mitch, Max likes to dominate the puck like Mitch). Pretty sure the two fathers aren't exactly fans of one another.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
At the time I liked watching him.

Now I'm not so sure I'd be a fan if he were on the team today (though admittedly was a different time/league when he played). A dirty player for sure.

Still think him fighting that philly fan was pretty funny

You wouldn't need to worty about it now days, he'd be suspended more than he plays imo

Reactions: Menzinger

Enga Olly

May 26, 2021
He's the only player that made me feel ashamed to be a Leaf fan. What he did to Niedermayer in the PO was unforgivable, plus all the other disgraceful things, the times he would pup out of a fight etc. Wished he never put on a Leaf jersey.

Reactions: supermann_98

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
He was a necessary piece to have when he played and played his roll well. That said, I don't think I would have liked him off ice from what I have seen of him. I have seen a lot of enforcers who seemed like nice guys off the ice (Belak, Grimson, etc.) Domi does not strike me as one of them.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I liked him as a Leaf. Enjoyed all the fights he won, and had no problem with him stirring up shit generally speaking. He crossed the line a few times... nothing worse than the worst things that happen in todays game imo.

As for if he is a nice guy... can't say I am too concerend with that. I only cheer for a player because they are on the Leafs... beyond that, cannot say I have ever wondered or worried if they were good guys. These are great hockey players to me, nothing more, not role models or people I look up to so what they do in their personal lives doesn't concern me. Clearly he was a pos... he's certainly not alone there.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: