Recalled/Assigned: Di Giuseppe Assigned / Raty & Brisebois Recalled

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I think they bring in a center here by the deadline. Not sure if it will be a bad contract or what, but if they can get a guy who a team wants to dump and is worth an asset plus they can actually play him at 3C for the next year that would probably be an ideal fit.

Reactions: Vector and MS

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Got no issues with these moves, they make sense and lets see what Raty can do in the big league for however many games.

More exposure to nhl players & coaches for 25 games prob good for him.

Reactions: DekeyPete

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
I think they bring in a center here by the deadline. Not sure if it will be a bad contract or what, but if they can get a guy who a team wants to dump and is worth an asset plus they can actually play him at 3C for the next year that would probably be an ideal fit.
ryan johansen come on down

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
This might actually help Abottsford's forward group as PDG will give them a boost and Raty for anybody might be addition by subtraction. Brisbois will hurt but This gives Woo and Rathbone more room to show that they should be the next players in line.

Reactions: mossey3535

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
so pdg is down until the tdl passes then he can come back up without waivers and while still being playoff eligible.

meanwhile ratu is going to be evaluated by the big team so they can tell him what to work on. might only get practices.

and brisebois will get a chance to show if he can clear the net.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
A Derek Roy type could really help our run this year.

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
1. PDG was also about to need waivers just for time on the NHL roster. Pretty clearly if they were planning to reassign him at any time in the season it had to be either now or risk losing him on waivers. They probably hope to have him in the AHL for the playoffs.

2. It wouldn't surprise me if Raty is just a warm body to be healthy scratched except in case of emergency. He wasn't helping Abbotsford any and in the circumstances continued poor play on his part if they end up having to use him isn't going to hurt Vancouver which is in tank mode.

3. Brisebois may be on the way as a replacement for Schenn, who sat out last night's Predators game for trade reasons.

I don't mind the moves.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
Okay, the reasoning on PDG makes more sense - but I'd have to think a recall is coming soon. He's been too good.

Raty, I'm guessing they just want him working with Tocchet and Co. for a bit and he will be reassigned.
Yep, this. It's a lost season now and this is what lost seasons look like: teams tinker and try a bunch of things. It's like pre-season. People shouldn't infer too much from all these moves, especially when there are logical reasons on top of it (like the waivers issue for PDG).

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Raty one needs explanation, He has been pretty poor, lots of skating to work on.
Interesting

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Raty one needs explanation, He has been pretty poor, lots of skating to work on.
Interesting

I assume it's the old change of scenery gig. He's been a nothing at AHL level. Throw him out on Patterson or Miller's wing, get a point or two, talk him up. Try and get his confidence up.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Interesting
I'd like to see him in the NHL.

The scouts I follow say that he's looked better at the NHL level with the Isles than the AHL.

He's not a great skater, so more scrambly, fast-twitch play is not conducive to him. He's better in a more structured environment - run the set forecheck, get open for shots.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
I don’t know what it is since I have only seen in one game that I can’t remember, but for some reason I keep getting Zach Delpe feelings whenever I think of Raty.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Is Brisebois the Nolan Baumgartner for this generation? The guy who just keeps getting callups right when you think he must be out of the league?

With the exception that he doesn't get called up for the playoffs the way Baumgartner always did because, well, we had 8 years of Benning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad