Recalled/Assigned: Di Giuseppe Assigned / Raty & Brisebois Recalled

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
The previous regime used to rush their new toys into top roles in the club and stubbornly keep them in while demoting guys that were performing well. It really stunk.

Really hope it's a brief stint and Raty is promptly sent down if he sucks.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
What on earth.

Brisebois makes sense - I predicted this would happen yesterday.

Raty has been struggling badly in the AHL and Di Giuseppe has been excellent.

I'm guessing that the feedback from Tocchet is that he's overplaying the top 2 lines because Dries/Studnicka/Aman are unplayable? So they're trying basically the only other healthy C they have in the organization? And hoping it jumpstarts Raty at the same time?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The Canucks have slowly and quietly become 'team tank' in the Western Conference. They're looking at everybody, ready or not. And LTIR is filling up with bodies.

I have no problem with throwing guys like Raty and Silovs into the mix--even if they're probably not ready. But kind of sucks for Di Giuseppe who's been one of the Canucks better forwards in recent games, and was even singled out by Tocchet for praise.

But at 29, I guess he doesn't figure in the Canucks long-term plans. But he'll definitely help Abbotsford as they head down the stretch into the playoffs.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Tank move I guess?

Since the season is pretty much in the shitter, why not just try random stuff out.

Reactions: quat

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
PDG requires waivers if he plays one more NHL game. It might also be a paper transaction so he’s eligible for the AHL playoffs.

Brisebois didn’t deserve to get sent down last time he was up. He was playing like Tanev-lite. Deserves a look as Myers is the worst defender to ever play.

Raty is interesting. Maybe they just want a look if he can stick if we just throw him with good players

Sinistril

Oct 26, 2008
The previous regime used to rush their new toys into top roles in the club and stubbornly keep them in while demoting guys that were performing well. It really stunk.

Really hope it's a brief stint and Raty is promptly sent down if he sucks.
No. Play the worst roster possible and reap rewards for it later

Reactions: DekeyPete

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Could read a lot into this move. On the surface looks like maybe a tank move. Di Guiseppe has been good, maybe too good while Raty has been pretty mediocre in Abbotsford. Has not looked ready at all to move up to the NHL. Could be there are some bonus considerations, although not likely. Or maybe don't want to expose Di Guiseppe too much, making this RFA easier to keep with the organization. Might also be a move to jump start Raty.

Be interesting to see Raty at this level and I guess he will replace Dries who despite the goal last game has not been good. It is very important to the team that Raty pan out.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
tank-m60t.gif

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
I'm guessing that the feedback from Tocchet is that he's overplaying the top 2 lines because Dries/Studnicka/Aman are unplayable? So they're trying basically the only other healthy C they have in the organization? And hoping it jumpstarts Raty at the same time?
Almost certainly what the thinking is. Maybe Pod will see more minutes as a result.

Sharkbomb

Jul 20, 2022
No. Play the worst roster possible and reap rewards for it later

Sure, but you also don't what to do it with such intensity that you end up ruining the development of prospects that might be here post-tank. Maybe he'll surprise us, but Raty doesn't seem ready.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
Could read a lot into this move. On the surface looks like maybe a tank move. Di Guiseppe has been good, maybe too good while Raty has been pretty mediocre in Abbotsford. Has not looked ready at all to move up to the NHL. Could be there are some bonus considerations, although not likely. Or maybe don't want to expose Di Guiseppe too much, making this RFA easier to keep with the organization
Di Giuseppe is UFA.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
This is what I expect we will see over the next few weeks. Multiple bodies going between the AHL and NHL as they get some looks at various players in the NHL.

Sure PDG played fine but ultimately he'll be 30 years old at the start of next season. There is no need to appraise him. He is what he is. A guy that if you want to retain him will be signed to the same 2 way contract he has now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad