Confirmed with Link: Dhaliwal: Markstrom out 3 - 4 weeks

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Everyone who said it was from Minny game please slap yourself. He was laughing during the play and after.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Why wouldn't he?
It sounds fairly minor. Three to four weeks.
that's not how it works.
Providing the reports are correct 3-4 weeks as i'm hearing and it's a meniscus.

A month without playing and rehabbing yet another knee injury it's incredibly unlikely he just jumps back in and plays like he has been. That puts us down to the last couple weeks of the regular season also.

Zanon

Apr 4, 2008
Vancouver
Hopefully this will rally the team down the stretch to play better defense in front of their goaltender.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
3 - 4 weeks? In Demko we trust, baby.

thatcher-demko-2018-39.jpg

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Unless Demko goes into god mode and/or the skaters tighten up defensively in a major way I don't see them making the playoffs, and Benning now has a safety net for him to keep his job.

RealGudbranson

Jun 19, 2008
Hopefully this will rally the team down the stretch to play better defense in front of their goaltender.
This is my hope. Galvanize a team just validated by management for a lack of further trades up front or for defense. Keep the foot on the throttle after the bruins win.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
that's not how it works.
Providing the reports are correct 3-4 weeks as i'm hearing and it's a meniscus.

A month without playing and rehabbing yet another knee injury it's incredibly unlikely he just jumps back in and plays like he has been. That puts us down to the last couple weeks of the regular season also.
It depends on the severity as not all tears are the same. If he is truly only out three to four weeks then that would say to me that he will be ready to play as early as three weeks. Not ideal but as long as he's ready to go for the playoffs I think we will be ok.

Reactions: Johnathon Tanner

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
On the bright side this is going to somewhat drive down his contract value. Also let's us see what we have in Demko. Demko steps up here and plays solidly there's not nearly as much pressure to re-sign management. Overall this isn't necessarily a bad thing.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
This will be an incredibly interesting stretch run.

Demko has the opportunity of a lifetime here......go on a run and prove to the world you are a quality starter Thatcher

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Unless Demko goes into god mode and/or the skaters tighten up defensively in a major way I don't see them making the playoffs, and Benning now has a safety net for him to keep his job.
I actually wouldn’t be surprised if the blueline ended up playing better defensively as a whole. You sometimes get that in sports where a team for whatever reason plays better when their best player is out of the lineup. How long that can last is anybody’s guess.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
It depends on the severity as not all tears are the same. If he is truly only out three to four weeks then that would say to me that he will be ready to play as early as three weeks. Not ideal but as long as he's ready to go for the playoffs I think we will be ok.
Let’s not forget we are talking about world class athlete here, not your average guy in beer league

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad