Confirmed with Link: Dhaliwal: Markstrom out 3 - 4 weeks

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
Speculation is brewing that Markstrom sustained the injury in the game vs Minny when Fiala ran Markstrom.
Markstrom played vs Boston but something must have flared up that caused Marky to get an mri today which revealed the torn meniscus. Time frame of return is unknown but speculated to be 3-4 weeks

Jacob Markstrom injured, Canucks trade for Louis Domingue

Great chance for Demko to make a case to be our future goaltender.

Maybe Zamboni guys is on waivers?

2 silver lining.

1. This will bring Markstrom's contract money value down if we decide we want to re-sign him
2. Demko does well and we decide hes our guy going forward or we showcase him and get a great return.

Last edited:
Reactions: CanuckCity

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Hearing OUT for the season

TRAGIC NEWS :cry:

Interior Cascadian

Apr 2, 2007
Olympia, WA
This sucks. I feel really bad for Marky.

If it's meniscus, I can't imagine that's enough to scare away Benning from trying to resign him this offseason though. I wonder if it's a talking point that can keep Markstrom's asking price within reason... although I can imagine a number of teams would be interested in throwing money at him this offseason if he makes it to free agency.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Out for season. Meniscus tear *usually* requires surgery.

bad time for GMJB to give up the world for 20 games of Toffoli. That’s gonna bury come draft day.

Reactions: VintageBure

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
He played pretty good vs Boston if he was hurt already. Seems unlikely he was hurt vs Minny. Hope this is not true. If so lets go Demko. His chance to show he can carry a starter's load.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
He played pretty good vs Boston if he was hurt already. Seems unlikely he was hurt vs Minny. Hope this is not true. If so lets go Demko. His chance to show he can carry a starter's load.

Not true? It’s reported by everyone including the Province lol. It’s true.

May 31, 2006
Is this from the Danton Heinen incident? I didn't know the face also had a miniscus. I don't know much about human anatomy.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
If we make the playoffs Demko has gone above and beyond for all I care, I'm operating under the assumption at this point that this season is done for us lol

I think we can go NHL .500 with Demko in net down the stretch, just don't think we go anywhere in the playoffs unless Demko morphs into a starter.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Three to four weeks is not too bad if he comes back in top form. Demko can hold the fort. We are really lucky to have two good goalies. I was worried it was season ending.
As long as Marky is back for the playoffs should be fine.

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
WOW! Would be the most Canuck thing ever.

How Demko does now will most likely determine if we resign Markstrom or not.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Out for season. Meniscus tear *usually* requires surgery.

bad time for GMJB to give up the world for 20 games of Toffoli. That’s gonna bury come draft day.
This is total bullshit. Most meniscus tears, and nearly all that occur in the outer third of the cartilage, can be rehabbed, and many surgeries, usually depending on the length of the tear and the quality of the patient's circulation, have a recovery timeline that would allow Markstrom to return in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Besides, it's a high ankle sprain. He's going to be out 2-3 years.

EDIT: It's reported he'll be out 3-4 weeks. Sounds like no surgery.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad