Dexter - If it had ended after Season 4

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
OK first of all...Deb is ****ing awesome and the fact that Jennifer Carpenter was never nominated for **** is a travesty. You may not have liked the character, I've heard both sides of it, but the amount of emotion and depth that is brought to that character is pretty amazing. Especially to have it ALL out in front like she does. To be hard, yet still vulnerable...it's a pretty hard thing to do as an actor.

Secondly, season 6 was fantastic. I don't care what anyone says...it was awesome.

Season 2 did happen too soon, and the show did go on for too long and it probably should have stopped at season five, with season 2 being the last one.

It was a great show...but man did they **** up the ending.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Season 7 was the best. Lots of layers, including the Doakes storyline. And that dialogue between Dexter and the Russian bad guy who was gay (forget his name) was really top notch.

I agree with this. Some of the later seasons had a lot of problems, but S7 was very good.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
I kept thinking about it. And god was Deb a terrible part of the show. Her swearing edginess was so forced and her romances were not once believable. And she was so dramatic about them. Oh excuse me. Melodramatic.

Yeah her character was pretty awful.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
OK first of all...Deb is ****ing awesome and the fact that Jennifer Carpenter was never nominated for **** is a travesty. You may not have liked the character, I've heard both sides of it, but the amount of emotion and depth that is brought to that character is pretty amazing. Especially to have it ALL out in front like she does. To be hard, yet still vulnerable...it's a pretty hard thing to do as an actor.

Secondly, season 6 was fantastic. I don't care what anyone says...it was awesome.

Season 2 did happen too soon, and the show did go on for too long and it probably should have stopped at season five, with season 2 being the last one.

It was a great show...but man did they **** up the ending.

Oh Christ no. The character was poorly written and almost as poorly acted.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
Season 7 that had Dexter set up a kill room at Miami International Airport??? C'mon

That's nitpicking.

I can nitpick season 4 as well - it would be impossible for the bad guy to kill Rita based on the timeline of events during that episode.

And they're both amazing seasons.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
You know what's always bugged me...

In season one, dexter attaches a doll head to his keys and no one says a ****ing word about how creepy and weird that is.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I was in cringe mode everytime deborah was on screen. ****ing horrible. Why they didn't kill her off in season 1 is beyond me.

I kept watching only because I was already caught up so it wasn't as much of a time sink but goddamn I regret finishing it.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
The way season 4 ended could of been a legit series finale, Dexter losing to a superior serial killer. Maybe you could add Dexter takes the fall for his wifes murder or something but how it was could of worked

It most definitely would have worked. Most important part of his story been told, and what he's doing catching up with him. That mind**** at the end of season 4 would have made for the best way to finish that series, leaving you behind pretty disturbed. Cinematography of the final scene was just great.

That being said, I was still entertained in the following seasons. They took the wrong direction in the final one though. Should have been him or Deb on the table. But that's what you get, when writing isn't allowed to kill the main character off. Despite that, it was way more awful than it could have been. Just a big joke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad