Prospect Info: Devon Levi, G (Obtained in Reinhart trade) Northeastern University (NCAA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I live the next town over from Bentley and I didn't know they had a division 1 men's hockey team.
They're in the same conference as canisius and Niagara so I've seen them a couple times, but yeah not real high profile school

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

He looks like he could be another Quinn brother.

intro-1602509817.jpg

I didn't know we traded for muad'dib!

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
The road is long
With many a winding turn
That leads us to way down there
Way down there
But he's strong
Strong enough to carry us
He ain't Levi, he's my goalie

So on we go
His welfare is of no concern
Our burden is his to bear
We'll get there

For I know
He would not encumber me
He ain't Levi, he's my goalie

Reactions: sabremike

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Were they in the same one in the past or am I just imagining this?

Nope, they were in the ECAC prior to becoming a founding member of Hockey East.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northeastern_Huskies_men's_ice_hockey

The men's ice hockey program has existed since 1929 and played as an independent NCAA Division I team until joining the ECAC in 1961. Northeastern is a founding member of the Hockey East athletic conference, which the team joined in 1984. The Huskies had their most success in the 1980s, when the team won the prestigious Beanpot tournament four times (1980, 1984, 1985, 1988) and was the runner-up twice (1983 and 1987). The Huskies ended a 30-year Beanpot drought in 2018, followed by repeated wins in 2019 and 2020, for a total of seven championships.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Not great competition, though it's a good first step to establish confidence. Stopping 20 shots total against two scrub teams isn't anything to get excited about.

For me the bar is set at WJC Silver, which means I want to see him to dominate Hockey East and excel in tournament play (Bean Pot, NCAA Frozen Four).

dugman

Mar 21, 2008
Not great competition, though it's a good first step to establish confidence. Stopping 20 shots total against two scrub teams isn't anything to get excited about.

For me the bar is set at WJC Silver, which means I want to see him to dominate Hockey East and excel in tournament play (Bean Pot, NCAA Frozen Four).
He stopped 29 in the first game and 20 in the second.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Not sure how much of a throw in he was, they def targeted him somewhat.

Yes certainly - but his value was that of a throw in. It's not like another team was offering up a similar pick plus another asset of great value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad