Post-Game Talk: Devils Win!!! - Young Nico edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint Beaurivage

Jersey Shore
Nov 18, 2017
I thought he looked good.

I mean, I've always thought he looked good, but he needs to score more if he wants to stay in the NHL permanently.

I think he was the one who got that shot through Fleury in the 2nd period, that slipped through his legs and laid in the crease and was sweeped up by a Vegas player.

I noticed he was on the power play and he looked solid on it too. He actually looked pretty good on the power play. It's one game, but he looked good.

I think he should be on the power play, as his shot is a weapon.

This might not be a popular comment but I feel Johansson is one of the reasons we are not having as good of a season. We had a rough and tough physical nobody in Gibbons (gone), and now we have a peripheral soft concussion prone slacker in Johansson. I understand they play different roles, but it still calculates to a + and -.

I can't help but watch Johansson glide around the ice and wait for opportunities to take a shot. This is not a good trait. We need hard workers. We need guys who bang for the puck. This is how you win games in the NHL.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Baejac on pace for 28 goals and 53 points
So uhh... why isn't he swapped with Zacha into the 2C slot?

*sigh*

Although I have to say I REALLY enjoyed watching Zacha last night. I thought he played really well and was really fun to watch. If only he could do that consistently.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
BTW, did any one else get just a little bit worried about an errant skate when they celebrated Nico's goal? I just had visions of Hischier getting cut while down on the ice and everyone rushing him. It actually made me cringe. Maybe I worry too much.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
BTW, did any one else get just a little bit worried about an errant skate when they celebrated Nico's goal? I just had visions of Hischier getting cut while down on the ice and everyone rushing him. It actually made me cringe. Maybe I worry too much.
Reminded me of when Hall decked the dude on Vancouver and he got a skate to the head when a fight broke out

Reactions: OmNomNom

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The body positions between Fluery and Nico are nearly identically opposite and very fitting given how that wild one went

6c1_aptopixgoldenknightsdevilshockey3.jpeg

c98_aptopixgoldenknightsdevilshockey2.jpeg

That first pic looks like both Nico and Fleury are dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad