GDT: Devils @ Wild - 8:00 PM - MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I still like Miles Wood and think he's going to be important in the playoffs.

Enjoy Screaming at the clouds.
Enjoy waiting for him to do something in the playoffs or something at all for the rest of his NHL career, which is very probably ending sooner than later.

He's shot.

Either the hip injury or this type of player starts to run out of gas as they approach 30. It's only a question of why, not a question of if.

I've been money on these, only it's usually goalies I hit on being out of the league soon enough and I get that right almost always.

Wasn't even 2 years when I proclaimed ''Keith Kinkaid will be out of the league in two years''. I think I said that around January of 2018, maybe February of 2018, on waivers he went I think late November of early December of 2019? Hasn't been nothing more than a third string/call up since.

But you've tried to contradict that by pointing out when he's been a call up due to injuries for the NHL club of whatever AHL team he plays for.

Wood sucks as a player anymore. He's finished. Done. It's over.

He'll be in the league next year, but the leash will be short. If he's as bad as he's been this year, he'll be waived by December. The next organization won't like him as much as ours does. There won't be as much patience if this is what they get.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
One other non-goalie player I remember being dead on with was Volchenkov. I think I said maybe one more year in the league after we buy him out.

He played one more year in the league after we bought him out. That was it.

And I'm just now looking up Volchenkov on Hockey DB (because hockey reference SUCKS for non-NHL stats in recent years and doesn't list this on his profile on there) and I never even knew that Volchenkov played in the KHL for FOUR years between 2016 and 2020.

And this was after sitting out of pro hockey and playing nowhere in the 2015-2016 season, after his one season with the Predators after we used the second amnesty buyout on him.

Weird. Never knew that until today. I'm actually flabbergasted by this. I'm not surprised that he was able to play in the KHL for those years in his late 30's, just surprised that I had no idea about this until today.

And I only even looked him up to confirm he was done in pro hockey PERIOD after 2014-2015 which was apparently incorrect.

Just looked up Marek Zidlicky to see if he too enjoyed a random KHL or Czech league stint in 2017 or 2018, and he did not play a game in pro hockey at all after being with the Islanders in the NHL in 2015-2016.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
One other non-goalie player I remember being dead on with was Volchenkov. I think I said maybe one more year in the league after we buy him out.

He played one more year in the league after we bought him out. That was it.

And I'm just now looking up Volchenkov on Hockey DB (because hockey reference SUCKS for non-NHL stats in recent years and doesn't list this on his profile on there) and I never even knew that Volchenkov played in the KHL for FOUR years between 2016 and 2020.

And this was after sitting out of pro hockey and playing nowhere in the 2015-2016 season, after his one season with the Predators after we used the second amnesty buyout on him.

Weird. Never knew that until today. I'm actually flabbergasted by this. I'm not surprised that he was able to play in the KHL for those years in his late 30's, just surprised that I had no idea about this until today.

And I only even looked him up to confirm he was done in pro hockey PERIOD after 2014-2015 which was apparently incorrect.

Just looked up Marek Zidlicky to see if he too enjoyed a random KHL or Czech league stint in 2017 or 2018, and he did not play a game in pro hockey at all after being with the Islanders in the NHL in 2015-2016.

Volchenkov definitely, sadly, fell apart at shockingly early age but Zidlcky?

Uh…

E87C8BA7-5B35-485F-9788-FAC708CC90D7.jpeg

Yeah, he retired after playing pro-hockey from 1994-95 (in Czech men’s leagues starting at age 17) to 2015-16.

Zidlicky played 81 games for us in 2013-14 at age 36. And had 42 points with 12 goals.

He played 84 regular season NHL games in 2014-15 because of how the scheduling worked after the trade with Detroit.

The dude was f***ing durable.

CDD98B43-3B62-4E87-9138-58FB45371287.jpeg

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Volchenkov definitely, sadly, fell apart at shockingly early age but Zidlcky?

Uh…

View attachment 649488

Yeah, he retired after playing pro-hockey from 1994-95 (in Czech men’s leagues starting at age 17) to 2015-16.

Zidlicky played 81 games for us in 2013-14 at age 36. And had 42 points with 12 goals.

He played 84 regular season NHL games in 2014-15 because of how the scheduling worked after the trade with Detroit.

The dude was f***ing durable.

Zidlicky was the best offense producing defenseman we had between Rafalski and........ I can't even think. Severson had some years where he racked up a ton of points, but is it possible that Zidlicky was the best after Rafalski until Dougie Hamilton? I'm pretty sure it is! Oh my god, we had guys like Tallinder playing the power play. And Lou went into the 2010 offseason with all of Anton Volchenkov, Bryce Salvador and Colin White on the roster. Only Salvador got hurt in preseason and missed the entire year. That's a whole lot of one dimensional grenade handlers.

One guy from those teams who shockingly fell apart much younger than Volchenkov was......... Wait for it............

Mark Fayne

Who was probably a very long shot to make the NHL when drafted at 155th overall or at least an extremely long shot to play as many games as he did, which was 389. Didn't play a game of pro hockey after 30 years old.

Volchenkov was a pretty good bet to not have a long career due to rough and taxing style of play, on top of just very one dimensional defensive defenseman. Colin White didn't play too much older in the league than he did.

Fayne probably wound up being one of our most successful draft picks between 2005 and 2009. Only Henrique played more games than him between those drafts from us.

I actually had to confirm that he played more NHL games than Eric Gelinas. I was very confident he did, but I had to check my work on that one. He played exactly 200 more games than Gelinas in the NHL, which was over twice as many games in the league for Fayne. 389 to 189 in favor of Fayne.

By the way, the picture for Gelinas on hockey DB is f***in amazing. He appears to be in the Canes jersey, so I guess that's when he had that PTO or whatever it was in 2021. It looks like the mugshot of a high profile French crime lord. who is on a most wanted list in at least 32 different countries lol.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I said dominant not winning - that game was def not a dominant performance

It's got to be over a month now since our last real convincing win. Some scores have been flattering over that stretch. But winning is the most important thing and they manage to keep doing it. At least way more often than they lose.

Last edited:

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Zidlicky was the best offense producing defenseman we had between Rafalski and........ I can't even think. Severson had some years where he racked up a ton of points, but is it possible that Zidlicky was the best after Rafalski until Dougie Hamilton? I'm pretty sure it is! Oh my god, we had guys like Tallinder playing the power play. And Lou went into the 2010 offseason with all of Anton Volchenkov, Bryce Salvador and Colin White on the roster. Only Salvador got hurt in preseason and missed the entire year. That's a whole lot of one dimensional grenade handlers.

One guy from those teams who shockingly fell apart much younger than Volchenkov was......... Wait for it............

Mark Fayne

Who was probably a very long shot to make the NHL when drafted at 155th overall or at least an extremely long shot to play as many games as he did, which was 389. Didn't play a game of pro hockey after 30 years old.

Volchenkov was a pretty good bet to not have a long career due to rough and taxing style of play, on top of just very one dimensional defensive defenseman. Colin White didn't play too much older in the league than he did.

Fayne probably wound up being one of our most successful draft picks between 2005 and 2009. Only Henrique played more games than him between those drafts from us.

I actually had to confirm that he played more NHL games than Eric Gelinas. I was very confident he did, but I had to check my work on that one. He played exactly 200 more games than Gelinas in the NHL, which was over twice as many games in the league for Fayne. 389 to 189 in favor of Fayne.

By the way, the picture for Gelinas on hockey DB is f***in amazing. He appears to be in the Canes jersey, so I guess that's when he had that PTO or whatever it was in 2021. It looks like the mugshot of a high profile French crime lord. who is on a most wanted list in at least 32 different countries lol.

The main Gelinas picture is solid in itself but it’s more entertaining if you tap it and de-age him.

They have 6 photos of Gelly and it’s quite a journey with his hair.

Mathieu Perreault is hard to beat, it looks like he completely changed his appearance because he’s fled the country to beat a murder rap.

Last edited:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The main Gelinas picture is solid in itself but it’s more entertaining if you tap it and de-age him.

Mathieu Perreault is hard to beat, it looks he completely changed his appearance because he’s fled the country to beat a murder rap.

Oh man, this is a rabbit hole I didn’t wanna go down, because now I’m gonna be up all night tapping through these pictures for every player I can think of lol.

I never even knew you could get prior pictures by tapping the current pictures!

Perreault goes from long straight hair with some stubble, to having quite a bit of length taken off but now with the beard grown out, to clean shaven and shorter hair, to the hair and beard starting to get longer again, to the hair now really long and the beard just as long and looking like a warlock or some kind of fantasy movie character. Then to a trimmed down beard with shorter length hair in the back but a bunch on top. Than a thick beard and man bun. Then he’s almost like a Brent Burns lookalike and has a caveman beard and looks like he hasn’t had a hair cut or shave in years and his hair is messy and all over the place. Then his beard is cleaned up a bit with mostly just a stache and soul patch with stubble everywhere else and he’s got long but very straight year. Then his hair is maybe the shortest it’s been in any of these pictures and he’s got a medium length beard and it’s becoming noticeably gray. Then the last one his hair is starting to get curly again and the beard is even more gray.

Nick Palmieri is fun, only because I remembered his picture with the Wild/Aeros. He’s only got two pictures on there. One very young, clean cut face and hair with the Devils, then he looks like he grew up and joined a biker gang and has long hair and a beard with the Wild/Aeros in the next one.

The Thornton and Burns ones should be fun.

Last edited:

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg

Mathieu Perreault is hard to beat, it looks he completely changed his appearance because he’s fled the country to beat a murder rap.

Omfg. I used this site millions times. All the time I could tap it.

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
Oh man, this is a rabbit hole I didn’t wanna go down, because now I’m gonna be up all night tapping through these pictures for every player I can think of lol.

I never even knew you could get prior pictures by tapping the current pictures!

Perreault goes from long straight hair with some stubble, to having quite a bit of length taken off but now with the beard grown out, to clean shaven and shorter hair, to the hair and beard starting to get longer again, to the hair now really long and the beard just as long and looking like a warlock or some kind of fantasy movie character. Then to a trimmed down beard with shorter length hair in the back but a bunch on top. Than a thick beard and man bun. Then he’s almost like a Brent Burns lookalike and has a caveman beard and looks like he hasn’t had a hair cut or shave in years and his hair is messy and all over the place. Then his beard is cleaned up a bit with mostly just a stache and soul patch with stubble everywhere else and he’s got long but very straight year. Then his hair is maybe the shortest it’s been in any of these pictures and he’s got a medium length beard and it’s becoming noticeably gray. Then the last one his hair is starting to get curly again and the beard is even more gray.

Nick Palmieri is fun, only because I remembered his picture with the Wild/Aeros. He’s only got two pictures on there. One very young, clean cut face and hair with the Devils, then he looks like he grew up and joined a biker gang and has long hair and a beard with the Wild/Aeros in the next one.

The Thornton and Burns ones should be fun.
Check out Drai’s. I think his beard gets slightly less long the further back you go lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad