GDT: Devils vs. Stars - 5:00 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoyBandFan

Mar 26, 2017
Eternal Hell
Merrill had one bad game recently. Other than that he has been anywhere from solid - really good. He was the best defenseman for those stretch of games Greene missed with injury and since then he has been fine outside of a bad game or bad moments in a game here and there, but that is fine since no one is perfect haha. I'd like it if he had more offense, but from a pure defensive standpoint he has been good, and him and Santini are a hard pairing to play against
Well, he's young, cost effective and if the coaching staff would just focus on making him a stay at home blueliner for right now until he figures out when to pinch I think that would help. Dano loving the Seversen fisticuffs.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
I haven't seen that Torts and Brooks video yet, I'll have to check that out.

I can impersonate a wide range of different voices, but I don't think I could do Hynes very good. I was able to do a pretty good Jack Capuano. I could do an okay DeBoer. It was okay, but not nearly perfection. I did an alright Todd McClellan after he had that infamous post game comments late in the season with Edmonton last year. I didn't think it was great, but my friend (who isn't afraid to critique me) actually liked it.

I was able to do Lou pretty good haha.

Not much different from the real interview and probably on par with what Torts was really thinking and wanting to say.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I feel like approximately 40% of the Stars shots/attempted shots have been with Lovejoy on the ice.

Anybody got the real time stats on that?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Not much different from the real interview and probably on par with what Torts was really thinking and wanting to say.

HAHAHAHA

I lost it at the ****** bag part.

The impersonators voice doesn't sound like Torts voice at all, but his mannerisms, tone, speech patterns, etc, are spot on.:laugh:

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
He has been consistently good for months now.

Pretty clear he has turned a corner.

Over the last several games, Merrill has been reverting back to some of the problems that he seemed to have cleaned up for a good while.

Surprisingly, Moore has looked pretty solid in this time span as well.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Over the last several games, Merrill has been reverting back to some of the problems that he seemed to have cleaned up for a good while.

Surprisingly, Moore has looked pretty solid in this time span as well.

Hmmmm not sure I think he is having a solid game

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I feel like approximately 80% of your posts are you repeating the same thing.:P

Now I'm pretty sure that was the first time today that I said Lovejoy had been out for what feels like 40% of the total attempted Stars shots.

I don't think I said it last night either. I think last night I said ''48% of the attempted Canes shots had Lovejoy on the ice''.

Okay, maybe it was 52%, my short term memory is slipping away these days!

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Hmmmm not sure I think he is having a solid game

He's been better positionally, but he's been god awful with the puck.

Not a complete liability like he was for the last couple years, but he's also not impacting the game like he was earlier on. He was doing a terrific job of negating forechecks and helping on transition, but he's been struggling with the puck lately.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Is there such a thing as a poor mans loveloy ? If so I believe it's prout

Now if Lovejoy was used like Prout, then maybe, just MAYBE! He wouldn't be as bad as he's been this year!

But only MAYBE!

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

I can't do the impersonation, since I can't do Hynes voice very well.

But believe me, I can hear that in my head.

I can't imagine Hynes saying that on the record, but I can imagine him saying something like that while BS'ing off the record. I can't talk like him, but I can hear it playing in my head.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The F word? What? I missed that exchange, it was a weird one.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
if the Devs pick in the 5 to 7 area, do u contemplate taking the puck moving defenseman from Sweden? Lilejorn or whatever his name is again? I watched his highlights: great skater and heavy shot... Greene could use the help.

You have to go center.

Defenders are going to take way too long to develop. The way the Devils timeline looks, they need another forward who can impact the team soon and add a different dynamic offensively.

Defense needs to be addressed in the present via free agency or trade not at the top of the draft. I hope the Devils do go defense heavy outside of the first round though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad