GDT: Devils vs. Red Wings - 7:30PM MSG+2

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Super lame.

No wonder why Quincey looked worse than normal tonight, he had the most minutes.

Not liking Santini's lack of minutes. If we send him to the AHL (barring a strong regression in play) then **** Hynes, Nasreddine and Shero too.

Santini has been struggling at times lately. Stollery too.

There's a lot to like at times from Santini, but I'm not sure he's ready just yet. AHL wouldn't be the worst thing for him for a brief time until the Devils trade Quincey.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Holy **** we know how to make a game interesting. Thank god they won, something of value would have broke if they blew it and I would have regretted it immediately.

I always threaten to destroy the Golden Girls kitchen, every time something brutal happens in one of our games.

The Golden Girls kitchen is my own, by the way.:laugh:

The late 70's/early 80's had the worst kitchen models ever.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

There's a lot to like at times from Santini, but I'm not sure he's ready just yet. AHL wouldn't be the worst thing for him for a brief time until the Devils trade Quincey.

Great then we'll be back to Moore-Quincey both in the lineup with Quincey on his off side again. That'll fix everything :sarcasm:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

I thought Santini had one of his more meh games tonight, so maybe that's why the low minutes. I thought he had a couple more minutes in the last few games played.

He's been a positive contributor for the most part though, but we dat John Moore offense as soon as it's available.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
I know everyones joking about the playoff comments, but if this team wins 4 or 5 in a row then all of a sudden we have something on your hands. Which doesn't prove that we aren't that bad, but just proves how stupid the new playoff format they started a couple of season ago is.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
My favorite part about this board is every time a young player has a mediocre game, "he needs to be sent down for more seasoning."

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
My favorite part about this board is every time a young player has a mediocre game, "he needs to be sent down for more seasoning."

TBH though that's probably what's going to happen in this case :laugh:

They clearly have a fetish for both Moore and Quincey, and probably don't want to play Santini full time here this year anyway. Especially when he starts to hit the rookie wall. Given Santini's sixth in ice time and Stollery's a career AHL'er those are the two guys to go once Greene/Moore come back.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Noesen looked good again. Smart player.

or did he???

C3jI3AXWcAAukQf.jpg:large

dun dun dun

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
i havent been to every arena nor looked at views of the standing room sections of the 31 teams but i'll bet the joe will not be topped for a very long time

holy grail of standing room 'seats'

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
or did he???

C3jI3AXWcAAukQf.jpg:large

dun dun dun

Yeah his line was pinned down severely twice.

But him as an individual I see a player making smart plays, positions his body well, wins board battles,good wheels and has some talent. I like him so far.

Last edited:

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Zacha, Palmeiri, Henrique, Merrill and had great games. Thought Hall was pretty good as well.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Some thoughts from the game. The Joe is a awesome building. Miles Wood looks gigantic in person. Stollery's stick work at times was amazing. Good win, they never make it easy but I enjoyed that one

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Some thoughts from the game. The Joe is a awesome building. Miles Wood looks gigantic in person. Stollery's stick work at times was amazing. Good win, they never make it easy but I enjoyed that one

And then there was the loss of the puck behind the net which led to Detroits third goal. All the good things can be overshadowed by one mistake.

Never been inside, but that's a LOT of steps to climb to get into the building.

Easy every now and then would be nice. :)

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
It is crazy to me that they are only five points out of the playoffs. Obviously we need Florida, Toronto and Carolina to lose some games in hand but it's crazy

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Noesen doesn't have to be a world beater for us, just a solid bottom six guy. I've liked most of what I've seen from him so far.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Santini has played 14 games in the NHL this year and in 4 of them he's had more ice time than he got tonight. I think you all forgot over the break how much Santini plays.

I'm not that concerned with him hitting a rookie wall because he missed time with injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad