GDT: Devils vs. Red Wings - 7:00 PM MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
He didn't want to sign here because he didn't think he would be making the team, or was that just some thing people were saying over and over again as to why he didn't sign here?

And who cares? Well, he would certainly be another good talent to slot into the line up over some of the trash were are currently icing.

Shero tried hard to sign him and he chose not to sign here.

Screw him, as far as I am concerned. He made his choice, good riddance.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
We're so slow without Hall and Gibbons and having, Hayes, Slothjac, and Boyle all in the lineup it's just ugly. :wally::wally::wally:

Palmieri and Schmohansson need to seriously step it up. We've had a bunch of guys score and carry us through (Boyle, Gibbons, the kids and the D, Hall out too) but that's dried up. They aren't contributing much at all, I thought they'd take up some of the slack.

Reactions: liquid1988

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
There is empirical evidence to prove you are wrong. Did you just see the heat map they put up on the broadcast???!

If I'm counting right, 3 post and a goalie stick butt plus some great saves ...come on.

I already mentioned I cant believe they had 37 shots on goal tonight versus 30 for Detroit. Whatever it was, Detroit's were higher quality. And it's not like Detroit didnt hit metal either. The Joey Juice next to Dano also mentioned he felt the Devils were outworked tonight, as did Brian Boyle in the postgame as I'm typing this.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Zacha Tonight:
4 shots
7 scoring chances
17:00 TOI, 4 on PP
+6 Attempts at evens (tied for team lead)
+15 Attempts all situations
killed both penalties

Buuuut 0 points. Clearly the only stat that matters.

Hes a Bum. bust. send him down. Terrible player.
But he hasn’t had a point in a while... again what’s the good in getting a bunch of scoring chances if you can’t finish. Josefson

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I mean the concerns about Zacha, albeit very premature, are legit IMO. However if I’m picking anyone who without a doubt absolutely needs to pick it up and in a hurry, I’m going with Palmieri. Dude does not look like the Palmieri we’ve come to love.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I already mentioned I cant believe they had 37 shots on goal tonight versus 30 for Detroit. Whatever it was, Detroit's were higher quality. And it's not like Detroit didnt hit metal either. The Joey Juice next to Dano also mentioned he felt the Devils were outworked tonight, as did Brian Boyle in the postgame as I'm typing this.

Detroit's had fewer high quality chances. That's what the heat map is showing...there was a giant red bomb right in front of Detroit's net.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Zacha Tonight:
4 shots
7 scoring chances
17:00 TOI, 4 on PP
+6 Attempts at evens (tied for team lead)
+15 Attempts all situations
killed both penalties

Buuuut 0 points. Clearly the only stat that matters.

Hes a Bum. bust. send him down. Terrible player.
Curious where are you getting "7 scoring chances?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think this was a game where score effects played a point in it.

Teams losing typically outshoot the other team and I feel like we were outplayed early in the game. We took it back a little bit in the 2nd maybe.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
It’s hard to dump on zacha when he was involved tonight but I have no idea what he was thinking on those shots. You have to make quicker decisions out there.

Teams losing typically outshoot the other team and I feel like we were outplayed early in the game. We took it back a little bit in the 2nd maybe.

The Devils were pretty lousy that first period despite having 11 shots or whatever it was. They were without a doubt outplayed early on.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

oxman44

Dec 1, 2015
Hunterdon
Hes gotta bury a few them, No bones about it. But hes had very little go right for him so far as hes learning the center position at the highest level. If he keeps playing like this he will def start putting up points unless hes just insanley snakebit. If this is still going on when hes 23, then ya, he may be Josefson.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
hes ****ing developing and playing much better recently than earlier in the year

some young players take time. Not everyone develops at the same rate. Writing him off at 20 ****ing years old is moronic.
Might not be wise to write him off completely but you can’t say he’s developing when in reality he has not made any significant improvements over the previous year. He looks slightly better than he did earlier in the season but that’s not “development”.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Is it safe to say that it's time to be concerned?
YES

In capital letters, it's time to be concerned.

A couple big wins in the next two games can turn the heat off though. At least 3 out of 4 points. 2 points is better than nothing, but we're in trouble if we get 1 or 0. Hypothetically, if we get 0 points in the 2 games before the break, we're on pace for 96 points, which is what you need to probably make the playoffs. Maybe 94 will suffice, but assume 95 just to be on the safe side.

Reactions: glenwo2

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

It wasn't just a matter of quantity...the Devils had spectacular chances all game. . Coleman, Wood, Boyle, Greene all had spectacular chances throughout the game and there plenty more those were just the OMG chances.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It’s hard

The Devils were pretty lousy that first period despite having 21 shots or whatever it was. They were without a doubt outplayed early on.
I don't think we had 21 shots in the 1st period. I distinctly remember them being 12-11 in favor Detroit.

The 1st period was fairly similar to that of the 1st period of the game against the Flyers, just minus a couple goals against.

We were a little better tonight than that.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I have zero confidence in Zacha scoring even when he's in a dangerous area, none, zip. Getting chances and shots are great but he needs to convert these chances for his own sanity and the boards too lol.

Reactions: zharkenby

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
If we win tomorrow, we’re a lock for the playoffs, if we lose, we’re done. Only half joking.
anigif_enhanced-buzz-16415-1388953880-14.gif

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It wasn't just a matter of quantity...the Devils had spectacular chances all game. . Coleman, Wood, Boyle, Greene all had spectacular chances throughout the game and there plenty more those were just the OMG chances.
Coleman's what exactly what I've critiqued him on when I say that his offense/finishing is what holds him back from being a top 9 guy.

I forgot about Greene's double post empty net miss.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Might not be wise to write him off completely but you can’t say he’s developing when in reality he has not made any significant improvements over the previous year. He looks slightly better than he did earlier in the season but that’s not “development”.

of course it is. Just because it doesnt fit the timeline you want, doesnt mean he isnt developing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad