GDT: Devils vs. Red Wings - 7:00 PM MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Tbh it’s deserved now, it’s definitely getting close to panic time. Thing is some here actually enjoy being miserable. That I have no tolerance for.
Yup

I think we've reached the ''Nothing to worry about'' threshold.

After the 6 game losing streak? I think a lot of us gave them the benefit of the doubt, I definitely did. Then we snap out of it, win two in a row, now we lose another two in a row. One to a team that is coming in hot on our tails, then to another bad team, with a very bad goaltender, that we need a win over.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I feel like we watched different games. Forget any of the goals, Detroit completely dictated play all night long and constantly beat Devils to the puck.
There is empirical evidence to prove you are wrong. Did you just see the heat map they put up on the broadcast???!

If I'm counting right, 3 post and a goalie stick butt plus some great saves ...come on.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Anyone who isn’t worried isn’t really paying attention. Boston and then Nashville coming up. You drop those two...Big time trouble.
Really need 3 out of 4 points.

If we get 2? Okay, it's not the end of the world. 0 or 1 is real cause for alarm.

I was really hoping for 4 of 6 before this game, but we've already wasted 2 lost points on the softest opponent already.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Production wise he’s been worse as the years gone on though. It’s actually on pace to be worse than last hear. That is what I call regressing. Not developing

Shhhhh open your eyes! Don’t you see him hustling out there for dumped in pucks? I even think his Corsi stats for week night games in odd number months is insane. :eye roll: kid sucks

Reactions: zharkenby

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
Yup

I think we've reached the ''Nothing to worry about'' threshold.

After the 6 game losing streak? I think a lot of us gave them the benefit of the doubt, I definitely did. Then we snap out of it, win two in a row, now we lose another two in a row. One to a team that is coming in hot on our tails, then to another bad team, with a very bad goaltender, that we need a win over.

still banged up bleed. couldve easily been a 1-0 OT game

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
cory was sick, hall goes down, gibbons goes down....still 2nd place. cause for concern? maybe. but come on this is something this team hasnt had to deal with and they are young. they still came off a losing streak. this is just bad timing. some of them are gonna have to eat crow real soon. i see a good stretch coming up for this team soon. these vibes dont help anything. i say go root for the oilers if you wanna be negative to a fault.

If they win either game before the break I’d be surprised at this point, that’s the problem. They couldn’t afford to dilly away these two games with Boston and the Preds coming up. The entire cushion will probably be gone by this weekend

Reactions: mtnet

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
MISSING CHANCE AFTER CHANCE HIGH AND WIDE IS NOT PLAYING WELL! What is so hard to comprehend. I mean holy **** again, if that were one of the vets you certainly wouldn’t be talking about how well he played because he missed a bunch of golden opportunities

I'd love if one our veterans played the way Zacha did tonight. Again, I said he needs to start finishing. I'm not disputing that. But he put himself in great positions all night. He didn't just find his way into those areas by accident, he worked for it and used his skills (newsflash he has some) to generate good looks. Something a few of our veterans don't do.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
cory was sick, hall goes down, gibbons goes down....still 2nd place. cause for concern? maybe. but come on this is something this team hasnt had to deal with and they are young. they still came off a losing streak. this is just bad timing. some of them are gonna have to eat crow real soon. i see a good stretch coming up for this team soon. these vibes dont help anything. i say go root for the oilers if you wanna be negative to a fault.

Cory’s been sick going on 2 seasons. Don’t want to hear excuses. The guy is just not a big time player. It is what it is!

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
still banged up bleed. couldve easily been a 1-0 OT game
We could have said that about a lot of these games.

At some point, you need to snap out and win some games.

I mean, we've got 2 wins this month.... 3 wins since Christmas. I know we were off for 5 of those days on the bye week, but that's hideous.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
I'd love if one our veterans played the way Zacha did tonight. Again, I said he needs to start finishing. I'm not disputing that. But he put himself in great positions all night. He didn't just find his way into those areas by accident, he worked for it and used his skills (newsflash he has some) to generate good looks. Something a few of our veterans don't do.
Yeah you just described Jacob Josefson

Reactions: Peter Sidorkiewicz

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
If they win either game before the break I’d be surprised at this point, that’s the problem. They couldn’t afford to dilly away these two games with Boston and the Preds coming up. The entire cushion will probably be gone by this weekend

so let it go then. we got too much hype. we will hit it from behind. love that position :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
I said sign Bonino, people called me nut’s. He’s a winner and would be our second line center. Shero needs to bring in some new vets and move out some of the ones we have. And that includes Cory.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I said sign Bonino, people called me nut’s. He’s a winner and would be our second line center. Shero needs to bring in some new vets and move out some of the ones we have. And that includes Cory.

Have you seen Bonino’s numbers so far? He’d be getting Zajac treatment with that production here after signing a big contract.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

Nick Bonino has 12 freaking points. What are you even talking about?

ya, we should be lucky to get a 3rd for Cory at this point tbqh

Reactions: vtdevils2k

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Kerfoot did not want to sign here.

Why is this board obsessed with players that did not want to be here? Who cares about him?

He didn't want to sign here because he didn't think he would be making the team, or was that just some thing people were saying over and over again as to why he didn't sign here?

And who cares? Well, he would certainly be another good talent to slot into the line up over some of the trash were are currently icing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad