Not open for further replies.

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
1 goal and an assist.

Oh yeah.... Staal really "shut him down", didn't he? :snide:
I have to admit, I was shocked:laugh:

For real though, Jack Hughes is SERIOUS. I love this story otherwise I’d be depressed if the Rangers didn’t win the lottery too. I was pretty giddy seeing him score that goal, you can point out the second he’s on the ice, very obvious.

Kid looks like he’s in a f***ing boy band. It’s actually pretty crazy to me

Last edited:

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
1St) My wife and I are scratching our heads on the goal song choices. Why?! Old AF songs. Do we really need a Jersey connection? Second, if that was a prerequisite we made the suggestion of Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Heads Will Roll Remix, since the lead singer grew up in Englewood. I guess it might offend some to hear Off With their Heads every time the Devil’s score.

2nd) I love dipping into other teams threads for insight and the Rag’s fans are coo coo for coco puffs. They have settled on the idea this was our A line up and they didn’t play many regulars. I’m pretty sure the Devils B side won a game a few days ago against..... Even in Montreal the Devils played well enough to get back into that game. The cherry on Top has been the goaltending. If the Devils have a good start to the season, I won’t be able to contain the trash talking excitement.

This was my take away more then anything. They thought that was our FULL lineup. They don’t really realize our top 4 lines were split in both games. Have fun dealing with all 4 in a game.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
It was weird for the Ranger fans around me last night. I had 3 different sets around me.

They were loudly complaining about Devils fans celebrating goals like they won the Stanley Cup(they went wild for both Ranger goals)

They didn’t know why anyone would take this game seriously(while standing up and screaming both times that guy dropped his gloves to end up not fighting and roasting the ref)

Loudly cheering for “Hartford”, complaining the Devils player their “A” roster, and talking about how Hall sucks every shift he didn’t score since these were Ranger scrubs(please ignore Hall’s actual goal)

One tried to get a big Kakko is so much better than Hughes thing going since he hadn’t scored a goal in 2 periods but I think even the other Ranger fans were a little nervous about that one already

Tonight will be worse. Book it.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
We iced a pretty scrubby lineup. It wasn’t that much better then the one we iced the other night.

I was thinking as I was reading comments about the Devils icing their A team that those commenters are in for a rude awakening when we actually do ice a full lineup. We had 8 nhlers last night. The rags had what, 6? It wasn't that different. Our bottom 4 D and bottom 6 forwards were AHL players.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
We iced a pretty scrubby lineup. It wasn’t that much better then the one we iced the other night.
We definitely iced a bit better lineup than the 1st game against the Rangers (where they clearly iced a better lineup than us), but it was still only 8 guys for sure making the NHL in there.

If you look at the ice times as well, 5on5 we mostly rolled the depth guys. Hughes, Hall, and Palmieri only played 10-11 minutes of 5on5 for example. Coleman and Zajac only played about a minute more, and barely touched the penalty kill which they will play heavily in the regular season. It's not like we were rolling the lines like it was the Devils top team out there.

Reactions: devilsblood

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Anyone notice when they had Dancing Earl up on the big screen, and the little kid was in the back giving thumbs up?

Definitely think that kid could be Hughes's stunt double.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Tonight will be worse. Book it.

Islanders fans have been pretty horrendous over the past bunch of years but I always find the Rangers fans to be the absolute worst for thesr games.

The October 17th game is really going to be horrendous in the stands. I'm hoping I have mainly Devils fans around me that night.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
I was thinking as I was reading comments about the Devils icing their A team that those commenters are in for a rude awakening when we actually do ice a full lineup. We had 8 nhlers last night. The rags had what, 6? It wasn't that different. Our bottom 4 D and bottom 6 forwards were AHL players.

Aside from missing Hischier, Gusev, Bratt, Wood, Zacha, Vatanen, Butcher, Severson, it was indeed our A lineup

Rangers fans should be more worried about the fact their #1 goalie looks shot and their top line the other night was rather quiet outside of the PP

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I've never had a problem with the Isles as a team but I find their fans to be insufferable
Between that and the fact that as Devils fans, we're expected to ''Respect'' them and hold hands in unity because we both hate the Rangers, I f***in can't stand that team.

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
I think it’s time to raise my expectations for this team. The Rangers are bottom feeders. As the year goes on, the Devils should expect to beat teams like them.

One of the issues for this team will be consistency of effort. Not getting too high or too low. I hope Subban and Greene can help here.

To make the playoffs, the Devils can’t look past teams like the Rangers and only bring it when they play Boston, Pitt, Was, Tampa, etc. It'll help to have the Metro rivalries.

But it’s starting to feel like the Devils are separating themselves a bit from the bottom 5-10 teams in the league.

Reactions: My3Sons and glenwo2

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
It's early guys. Remember the first four games of last season. And then the rest of that season.

I do think we will be better than most projections though (which seem to have us as W2 or on the bubble).

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Ranger fan here in peace. Boy does Jack Hughes look special. If Corey and the rest of your team stay Healthy, I think you guys win the division

That's a possibility but I really like Carolina and Washington is still Washington

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
I love certain ranger fans put down Hughes after he just dominated your team. They're so desperate to put Kakko on a pedestal that he doesn't deserve yet.. there's a legit reason Hughes was the consensus number 1 pick.

Reactions: glenwo2

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Just rewatching the game and noticed a couple of things in the 1st

Hughes made a really slick play on Chytil in the Rangers zone. Chytil had the puck and Hughes came up quick from behind, picked his pocket, and hit Hall with a beautiful drop pass for a chance. It happened so fast. Hughes is going to be a real tough player to play against in that regard on top of everything else he provides.

Also, Gignac deserves a lot of credit on the Coleman goal. He chipped it in deep and laid a big hit on the Rangers dman which freed the puck up for Zajac who made a nice pass to Coleman. That play by Gignac won't go unnoticed by the coaching staff.

Last edited:

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Between that and the fact that as Devils fans, we're expected to ''Respect'' them and hold hands in unity because we both hate the Rangers, I ****in can't stand that team.

I honestly do respect them though. Not every team could lose a guy like Tavares and actually get better.

Ranger fan here in peace. Boy does Jack Hughes look special. If Corey and the rest of your team stay Healthy, I think you guys win the division

As much I have liked Schneider for years, I think Blackwood actually needs to steal his job for this to happen.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I honestly do respect them though. Not every team could lose a guy like Tavares and actually get better.

As much I have liked Schneider for years, I think Blackwood actually needs to steal his job for this to happen.

That's what happens when you go from the worst coaching in the league to some of the best and add the best goalie coach.

If Schneider is healthy I honestly don't think Blackwood will even be close to him. A healthy Schneider is still great. People are too high on Blackwood and way too low on Schneider. Young goalies are crazy hard to predict

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad