GDT: Devils vs. Penguins - 90's Night - 7:00 PM - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario
Wouldn’t be surprised to see Kinkaid on waivers soon after that Hynes interview. Shero can see if he can get anything by Monday, which he won’t. Blackwood can then split time without Cory if the B-Devs are out of the playoff race by then. The Flyers have the market on backup goalies for trades anyways. They have 4 active on their roster right now. Yikes.

Also if Shero doesn’t trade Johansson I’m not going to crucify him for it as long as he is re-signed and doesn’t walk for nothing. A 2nd, as rumoured, seems low though.

Reactions: Bleedred

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
We always seem to play pretty well against the Pens lately. I don't know if Shero and Hynes put money on the board before the games or what.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If the Pens do miss the playoffs, which I don't think they will, as I think their goaltending is better than Carolina, but if they do miss, they can look no further than our record against us this year.

And if we miss last place by like 6 points, we can say our record over them is what kept us out of last place in the league.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That Miles Wood goal has to be the softy of the year. At least in the running...

@Bleedred
It’s up there, but I can think of at least two worse this year just in games we’ve been involved in.

The Drew Stafford goal on Martin Jones in December and that Tuch (I think that’s who scored it?) goal on Cory that got him yanked against Vegas. The one that was shot at him, he gloved, then let slip through his legs were both worse.

Then there was one that Mike Condon allowed from the opposing blue line to Derek Stepan way back in October. He hasn’t played in the NHL since.

Murray also allowed one on opening night to Brooks Orpik that was hilariously bad.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah sadly my first thought when that third goal went in last night was how this usually happens TO us :laugh:

Honestly it didn't feel like the Devils generated much at all the last two periods. I demand to see video evidence of those 16 shots in the third period.

Oh woof.

Keith said he had bad bounces. They asked Hynes if he agreed. His answer “no”

Can't resist channeling Dano here

Ohhhhh boyyyy

Reactions: glenwo2

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
You have a better memory than me because I didn't realize he almost fell in 95 and that's why he "fell" tonight lol great actor, give him the Emmy cause he had me fooled lol skip to 1:45

Yeah if that was staged that was pretty good, especially since Mueller bit it so badly later on WITH skates :P I've literally never seen both a wipeout and a stick break on the same movement before.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Keith was victimized by poor goaltending

He must be injured, right? Isn’t that the normal excuse for crap play?

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
couple things

gotta give the devils pr/media whoever props for the intros for these nights in general super job A+. its a shame they wasted them on a crap product this year though.

gotta hand it to puddy. the guy had a small what people probably would've thought was a throwaway skit 20 years ago and hes embraced it bigly. good job by him donating that money to charity last night.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
the arena entertainment has been way better this year than any time i can remember, have to give them credit for that

Azathoth

May 25, 2017
Centre of Chaos
I know last night was most definitely kinkaid laying a poop filled egg, but I have a bad feeling Hynes probably thinks its the goalies bringing down his brilliant system (when in reality this season has been shitty goaltending colliding with a poor defensive structure to form a black hole of suck).

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
couple things

gotta give the devils pr/media whoever props for the intros for these nights in general super job A+. its a shame they wasted them on a crap product this year though.

gotta hand it to puddy. the guy had a small what people probably would've thought was a throwaway skit 20 years ago and hes embraced it bigly. good job by him donating that money to charity last night.
And he took that face plant like a champ :laugh:

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
also people on mojo that play last night and those hands are exactly what the devils thought they were getting when they traded for him. i think this year was a fluke down year for him and a lot of other people. I rather have him then not have him in the lineup. so if they do and should trade him i woudn't be opposed to bringing him back in the summer. he seems to finally be finding his groove its just a shame its in a lost season

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
It’s up there, but I can think of at least two worse this year just in games we’ve been involved in.

The Drew Stafford goal on Martin Jones in December and that Tuch (I think that’s who scored it?) goal on Cory that got him yanked against Vegas. The one that was shot at him, he gloved, then let slip through his legs were both worse.

Then there was one that Mike Condon allowed from the opposing blue line to Derek Stepan way back in October. He hasn’t played in the NHL since.

Murray also allowed one on opening night to Brooks Orpik that was hilariously bad.
You'll have to re-post the videos and have a poll at the end of the year.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
If the Pens do miss the playoffs, which I don't think they will, as I think their goaltending is better than Carolina, but if they do miss, they can look no further than our record against us this year.

And if we miss last place by like 6 points, we can say our record over them is what kept us out of last place in the league.

winning the next game will be the reason why we dont finish last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad