GDT: Devils vs. Penguins - 90's Night - 7:00 PM - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
you gotta get the puck first. they were still outnumbered and they got the puck... thats a little nitpicky

Its not nit picky. as soon as we got the puck, the grenade handler shero and hynes love totally f***ed us with his lack of skills and being weak for a 6'1 200+ lb dman.

Its terrible coaching we will have to watch the next two years because Hynes is a dumb f*** that doesnt adjust or learn from his own f*** ups.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
Anyway, I think it's safe to say that Kinky is COOKED.

Time to go back to Cory and hope he can continue his improved play.
It’s in his best interest to not play at all again this campaign. His bank account will thank him at a later date. His net value is the only thing dropping faster than his SVP%.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
It depends if he wants to stay. We won’t know that but Shero should.

If he is open to staying I am at the point I want a first or I say forget it.

Right there with ya. If he says he wants to stay unless there's an incredible offer, I'd just as soon keep him. If he says he's not sure than by all means trade him but if he wants to be here I'd keep him.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
You know what really set me off today about this team? Getting calls from them again when I haven't answered the phone regarding tickets since early Nov when this staff showed they have no clue what they are doing, and this team showed they are going to be the shit show we are watching now.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Jesus, dudes are out front with garbage bags offering $20 to buy a puddy bobble head. Never seen that before.

I bet they make a profit on them. The highest one with a bid on EBAY is at $60, but as more get listed that price will come down.

EDIT: A few sold for $79 already, but again, that's some enterprising person getting out in front of this and selling before the hoards list their supply, which will pull prices down.

Camille the Eel

just one bad pass by butcher ....couldn't recover..

i thought a few guys had exceptionally strong games.. mueller was really solid.. good to see .. he is a guy that this team needs to pan out.. looked good out there tonight
Mueller is looking like he’s a middle 4, maybe 3d pairing, but anyway, like he’s a legit NHL defenseman. Funny that pairing him with Gryba shows it more clearly than anyone else this season. We need him to develop, though I am not sure what his contract is next year. Restricted free agent maybe? Hynes failure to develop him earlier this season is a bit of a shame. He’s spent way too much time in the press box.

Pittsburgh is pretty mediocre. They only got by us tonight because Keith was so damn soft on 2 or 3 goals, because they got the bounces, and finally because we whiffed or broke sticks on some prime chances. Probably they squeak into a playoff spot, but unless they have another gear they can’t really compete against Tampa, the Capitals or probably Toronto. Those clubs were much stronger against us this year than the Pens.

Reactions: Bleedred

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

Kink is def looking cooked at the moment.

But I'm not looking to put too much of a load on Cory either.

Plus the draft position angle.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Mueller is looking like he’s a middle 4, maybe 3d pairing, but anyway, like he’s a legit NHL defenseman. Funny that pairing him with Gryba shows it more clearly than anyone else this season. We need him to develop, though I am not sure what his contract is next year. Restricted free agent maybe? Hynes failure to develop him earlier this season is a bit of a shame. He’s spent way too much time in the press box.
I didn't like that much at all either, but it was what? 15 games? Not that big a deal in the grand scheme.

Mirco is still only 23.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Kinkaid looks spent but he still has some good hockey left in him over the next few years. Decent backup that fills in as a starter. He looks off his game not physically unable to ‘tend. New scenery might help.

Schneider has to be the starter moving forward. Hope he keeps the ball rolling. Kinkaid might still have value if Cory was serviceable early on. Would hate to have two goalies with no value before Blackwood takes over.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010

Dude - I guess you can call it 'improved' play since he was such trash before.

His last two games were still festivals of terrible rebounds and some flopping around that looked like good desperation saves. Except for the SV% police, there wasn't anything to get TOO hyped about in either of those starts for Cory.

He almost grenade handled away an early lead and got some really lucky bounces as well. I'm sad to say that we'll be right back into the same pattern sooner than later.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I didn't see Keith interviewed. They didn't show his interview. But I sat through about 6-7 minutes of Hynes presser talking about Rooney for about 2-3 of them, just so I could hear what he had to say about goaltending.

He said at the beginning of the press conference that we ''Needed some stops''. Then at the very end (which is when they usually ask him how he thought the goalie played tonight) one reporter said ''I know you mentioned you needed some stops. Keith thinks he was a victim of some bad bounces tonight. Did you see that differently?'' and he just replied ''Yes'' and then walked off.

These last two were probably his worst two games of the season, when I think about the quality of the goals he allowed and not necessarily the quantity. He's just completed the hat trick of games with a soft goal hat trick. He wasn't the worst player against St. Louis and some of the bad goals came after he probably should have been pulled, but he was absolutely the worst player on the ice the last two games he's played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad