Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
20192020-20295-5v5.png

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
My favorite thing about Blackwood is that he makes saves on broken down plays where we would be fighting for three pages about who's fault it was. Player/team screws up, Blackwood makes a save that he would have gotten a pass on if it went in and we move on with the game. With him in net, we are a bit more like other teams, where their goalies actually just make a save that doesn't have to be considered "stoppable," bail out the team and move on.
I mentioned this a team thread but coming into last game Blackwood has been unbelievable good with respect to not giving up rebounds. I will check NST again but prior to last game he was the only goalie that had played a good number of games that was seeing less than 1 rebound shot per game. He has gone games without seeing a rebound shot because I know he saw 2 against Vancouver last game.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Schneider is going to start tomorrow and we’re going to lose 5-1
And in between 80 posts of me reminding everyone that he's been the worst (remaining active) goalie in the league for the last 3 years, there will be at least a few ''Not his fault'', ''What could he have done?'', ''The defense is bad'', ''He had no chance'', ''Guy was alone in the slot'', ''It was a seeing eye shot'', ''That guy scored 30 goals last year'', ''Hynes needs to go and maybe then Cory can finally bounce back'', ''Give him another year to heal from his hip surgery and give him some time to recover from his opening night injury'' posts.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Hughes is looking like a real threat. He's going to have a wicked shot once he fills out.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Boys I guess if you want the eternal optimist look here, take away one of our blown leads for this performance...evens out no?

Reactions: Unknown Caller

NJDevs86

Nov 4, 2018
Orlando, Florida
Since we were on the PK for the 2nd and 3rd periods in full shouldn’t our percentage sky rocket? Basically killed 19 of 20 minors.

Hard to fathom that this organization is so clueless right now. This is not a recipe for success and this is not how the roster is built.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I mentioned this a team thread but coming into last game Blackwood has been unbelievable good with respect to not giving up rebounds. I will check NST again but prior to last game he was the only goalie that had played a good number of games that was seeing less than 1 rebound shot per game. He has gone games without seeing a rebound shot because I know he saw 2 against Vancouver last game.
I feel like the last rebound goal he allowed was against Carolina. Did he allow one in Calgary? I can't remember.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
We complain about coverage but we really don’t have proper defensive coverage. It’s just chase the puck carrier no matter who gets left open.
Zonal defense isn't a thing with this team, it's all about chasing the puck at all times.

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
Hynes kept up with military appreciation night by giving no help to Blackwood, just platitudes while letting everyone shoot themselves at a high rate playing his system.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The defense looks worse now than it did the first few weeks, but the puck actually hits the goalie.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
No, there's not much to wrap our heads around Cangi. This team is complete dogshit that has gotten wins when their goalie stood on his head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad