GDT: Devils vs. Penguins - 7:00 PM - MSG+

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
if we trade kinkaid we dont even have a backup goalie. we have AHL goalies. the quality of goaltending across the league is really bad.

Reactions: Bleedred

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
whoever said second rounder was being silly. no one thinks hes worth that

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
One of the Sharks writers said they have interest in Boyle, Johansson, and Kinkaid.

I doubt Kinkaid has much value, but the Sharks make a ton of sense. Jones is struggling mightily this season and Kinkaid had a hell of a run last year for the Devils looking very clutch.

You really aren't going to fix your goaltending position at this point in the season. A pending UFA in Kinkaid might be a worthy gamble and you just cross your fingers and hope he gets hot at some point in the playoffs to win a series if Jones struggles.

I don't see it costing more than like a third. For the Devils, it's an extra asset. For the Sharks, it's cheap assurance.

More games like tonight will definitely help.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
One of the Sharks writers said they have interest in Boyle, Johansson, and Kinkaid.

I doubt Kinkaid has much value, but the Sharks make a ton of sense. Jones is struggling mightily this season and Kinkaid had a hell of a run last year for the Devils looking very clutch.

You really aren't going to fix your goaltending position at this point in the season. A pending UFA in Kinkaid might be a worthy gamble and you just cross your fingers and hope he gets hot at some point in the playoffs to win a series if Jones struggles.

I don't see it costing more than like a third. For the Devils, it's an extra asset. For the Sharks, it's cheap assurance.

Aren’t the Sharks down in picks? I’m not sure it makes sense to trade for a low round pick except for a sixth round pick.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
if we trade kinkaid we dont even have a backup goalie. we have AHL goalies. the quality of goaltending across the league is really bad.
The pads also got reduced this yr so that's a big factor as well. The NHL also WANTED this by catering to the shooters for more goals.

Reactions: haak84

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I kind of agree. Blackwood is still to be determined. He's a tweener. Maybe NHL caliber, maybe not yet. Still need to see more.

After Kinkaid and him we definitely don't have anybody that's NHL caliber. Johnson? Absolutely not. Cory? No comment.

So we probably need to keep Kinkaid this year, because goalie depth in the organization is sorely lacking right now.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
I kind of agree. Blackwood is still to be determined. He's a tweener. Maybe NHL caliber, maybe not yet. Still need to see more.

After Kinkaid and him we definitely don't have anybody that's NHL caliber. Johnson? Absolutely not. Cory? No comment.

So we probably need to keep Kinkaid this year, because goalie depth in the organization is sorely lacking right now.

Johnson down the line could be decent.. not close to being in the nhl though.

Cory has got to be in a very rough mental state right now. For his own career he needs a change of scenery. Maybe a different city and fresh start would do wonders for him.

One thing I'm certain in, is that this summer will be alot busier for shero then this past one.
Hall is prob first priority, and then figuring out the goalies.

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
Zajac:

45 pts in 63 games against Pitt.

Next closest is 37 pts in 59 games against Phi.
I know Sid has a healthy respect for him as an opponent. He’s mentioned him more than once as one of the premier shutdown guys in the league and there’s been several occasions that TZ has gotten the best of him.

Reactions: NjDevsRR

Cage Helmet

Thank you Marty!
May 27, 2012
KK has more value to a team that’s hurting for depth at the position than a contending or playoff competitor team. He has more value to a club that’s down to their last couple national league tenders. The NJD being the pinnacle of that illustration. I do wonder if Varly will be available for cheap just so that COL won’t have him walk for nothing. If he’s available for dirt then I have to believe that the playoff contenders would be more interested in him. SJS being one team that comes to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce