GDT: Devils vs. Penguins - 7:00 PM - MSG+

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
One of the Sharks writers said they have interest in Boyle, Johansson, and Kinkaid.

I doubt Kinkaid has much value, but the Sharks make a ton of sense. Jones is struggling mightily this season and Kinkaid had a hell of a run last year for the Devils looking very clutch.

You really aren't going to fix your goaltending position at this point in the season. A pending UFA in Kinkaid might be a worthy gamble and you just cross your fingers and hope he gets hot at some point in the playoffs to win a series if Jones struggles.

I don't see it costing more than like a third. For the Devils, it's an extra asset. For the Sharks, it's cheap assurance.

More games like tonight will definitely help.
That was Kevin Kurz, but he was mostly just speculating. If you really want confirmation though, the real Kevin Kurz has an account here and you could always ask him personally though!:sarcasm:

Jones started out rough and I didn't think he played as poor as his save percentage, but lately he's gotten worse. I was noticing more weak goals scored on him while he was actually playing better on paper. Then he got stomped by Tampa and I thought he could have had maybe one of the six goals he allowed, but then he allowed a couple weak ones against both Florida and Washington and he's been worse than a .900% this year and for most of it, except for a brief stretch for much of this month, right before that Tampa game.

I don't know they'd have interest in Kinkaid. Dell has poor numbers too, but hasn't looked horrific on the eye test. I think Dell's crappy this season this year is also regression to the mean, as he was like a .930% goaltender for his first 25-30 games in the league as a 27-28 year old backup. He's not as bad as he's been this year and is certainly not as good as he was his first 1.5 years in the league.

I'd seriously like to unload Johansson sooner than later, for fear of one of his cold streaks happening and the value going down. He did get a point tonight, so that's now 2 in his last 8 games, 2 game point streak now.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
When Stone Hands isn't on this team, it will be a sad day. For sentimental reasons, I hope he stays with NJ for the rest of his career as a 4C.

That guy may actually be the most prototypical Devil in team history.

Zajac is one of my favourite players, mostly because he has a big connection with how I became a Devils fan

Reactions: Oneiro

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Yeah Nico has been a non factor for a while
He looked very slow last night too
More than non-factor he was out of position on the PP goal very badly and it was him and Johansson the went to the point man on another play...now this system is wacky to figure out on individual plays but when I see a Center and a Winger trying to cover the same Dman the center usually messed up...the points are traditionally the wingers responsibilities....but who the hell knows who is supposed to do what in this shit show. Edit: .And Johansson was putrid all night.

Reactions: Devils Dominion

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
More than non-factor he was out of position on the PP goal very badly and it was him and Johansson the went to the point man on another play...now this system is wacky to figure out on individual plays but when I see a Center and a Winger trying to cover the same Dman the center usually messed up...the points are traditionally the wingers responsibilities....but who the hell knows who is supposed to do what in this **** show.
Our system seems to be double teaming a random player while leaving a player in prime scoring position open, so Nico played it perfectly.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
More than non-factor he was out of position on the PP goal very badly and it was him and Johansson the went to the point man on another play...now this system is wacky to figure out on individual plays but when I see a Center and a Winger trying to cover the same Dman the center usually messed up...the points are traditionally the wingers responsibilities....but who the hell knows who is supposed to do what in this **** show. Edit: .And Johansson was putrid all night.

That line was awful all game.
Palms was terrible too aside from his snipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad