Status
Not open for further replies.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
lu0ACKv.png

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
can someone please ****ing explain why mueller isn't playing again?

It’s not Lovejoy in my view. It’s more likely that right now the team sees Butcher’s offense as more important then Mueller’s skating and defense. This staff doesnt seem to want defenders playing on their offside so I don’t think they consider swapping Mueller in for Lovejoy.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I vaguely remember Butcher playing well on the right side early in the season. Perhaps even better than on the left side. I wouldn't mind trying Mueller-Butcher for a game or two.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
The line-up works much better with Butcher - Lovejoy as the third D pair and both playing special teams.

The problem with taking Lovejoy out is having to replace him on the PK, plus he compliments Butcher very well.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Player development would seemingly have to take a back seat for the remainder of the season. If the coaches believe that Butcher and Lovejoy give the team the best chance to win any given game then Mueller has to wait his turn. I imagine he gets to replace Moore next season and we can see how he develops as a second pair LD.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Can someone give me reasons why the Devils didnt fly Maroon out same day but instead today?

I mean, if you had him on a flight 2-3 hours after the trade finalized, he would be in this game.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I think it's reasonable to give the guy a few extra hours to pack. Also, there's no guarantee there's an immediate flight from Edmonton to NJ at that time.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
looking at the stats, the name of the game is to not take penalties...so it might be better maroon isn't playing.

LGD. the almighty prophet david e taylor has foretold of a win.

What is that video before I sink an hour of my day into it LOL

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Can someone give me reasons why the Devils didnt fly Maroon out same day but instead today?

I mean, if you had him on a flight 2-3 hours after the trade finalized, he would be in this game.

He had to pack, there had to be available flights, he came on a red eye flight anyway, he’s a human being who is being uprooted and will be available for the next game in 48 hours...

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
He had to pack, there had to be available flights, he came on a red eye flight anyway, he’s a human being who is being uprooted and will be available for the next game in 48 hours...
As I said to classic devil, Maroon was in San Jose, not his home in Edmonton.

He had nothing to pack

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
As I said to classic devil, Maroon was in San Jose, not his home in Edmonton.

He had nothing to pack
i'm gonna say if they wanted him to come over, they could've made him. but ray decided to let him say his goodbyes and take his time coming over. if you rushed the guy, i feel like he'd have sort of a sour attitude, and you definitely don't want to start relationship building with a new player off on the wrong foot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad