GDT: Devils vs. Penguins - 7:00 PM MSG+

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Frustrating game, but they payed well.

Totally sucks about Wood. He's probably done for the season and it will probably take him out of the AHL playoffs too.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
This was a fun game to watch even if the reffing sucked and we lost.

I'd much rather lose like this than 1-0 or 2-1.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Need anymore evidence that Hynes needs to go after this season? Look at having Pietila on the ice with an empty net trying to tie it.
I hate to flip flop even more on Hynes here, but I think I've FINALLY figured him out.

He's really an elite coaching mind and always thinking 2 or 3 steps ahead of the game.

He sees we have a chance to tie the game and were pressing and what does he do? Puts out a unit with probably the worst offensive forward in tonight's lineup out there to try to tie the game. He saw we were getting dangerously close to tying that game and he took a pin and popped the balloon.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Expected a loss so no biggie

Cheers to Palms

Jeers to officials for being so classless

MNDevilsfan

Jan 9, 2015
St. Paul, MN
I'll take entertaining regulation losses at this point.

I've been holding fire on the coaching for the most part, because really who cares, but I'm gonna flip a lid if Santini is benched for Prout again. He's a disaster.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Maybe he put him out there as a test. Game is meaningless.

He's the worst offensive forward/least skilled forward on the team tonight, I mean I think he is. Coleman is neck and neck with him, Lappin is approaching but he at least showed something back in November at one point.

The only way he could have tried harder is by using Lovejoy as one of the point men.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'll take entertaining regulation losses at this point.

I've been holding fire on the coaching for the most part, because really who cares, but I'm gonna flip a lid if Santini is benched for Prout again. He's a disaster.

I'm gonna flip a lid if Auvitu is benched for Prout this season, never mind Santini.

It's Hynes though and he's always thinking 2 or 3 steps ahead to give us the best chance of losing a hockey game.

I really wanted us to win this game with us still being outplayed and out attempted, although we weren't as out attempted as badly as many of the other clunkers this year. I wanted us to win while being outplayed, just to laugh when Hynes goes back to the same lineup on Sunday, since all he sees are the W's and the L's.

Win a game while being vastly outplayed (like the Islanders game)? Don't make lineup changes, we played a great game and battled for the win. Lose a game we shouldn't have lost, due to being sunk by a soft goal or because we lost 2-1 or 1-0? Make a bunch of changes for no reason.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
Frustrating game, but they payed well.

Totally sucks about Wood. He's probably done for the season and it will probably take him out of the AHL playoffs too.

Hopefully it's not as bad as it looked. But yeah, not I'm very optimistic about him being healthy after how he came off.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This was a fun game to watch even if the reffing sucked and we lost.

I'd much rather lose like this than 1-0 or 2-1.

I will also say that if we allow 45 shots, it's better than we had 35 or whatever and not 22 like some other times we've allowed this many.

MNDevilsfan

Jan 9, 2015
St. Paul, MN
I don't think Auvitu looked all that great, but even given it is mystifying to me that he hasn't gotten another chance when guys like Prout and Helgeson are cracking the line up.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't think Auvitu looked all that great, but even given it is mystifying to me that he hasn't gotten another chance when guys like Prout and Helgeson are cracking the line up.

If he was a Lou holdover, I could understand the burying of him.

He's a guy that Shero brought here and signed just last year, less than a year ago, so why has he fallen out of favor? Especially when you consider the terrible forwards that have gotten 3000 miles of rope over the last two years.

Josefson and Kalinin being the biggest examples.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
BIg posistive is the kids all looked good again. Blender is really finding his game.

Also always great when long term pieces like Palms and Hall are playing well

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Quenneville is a good player. He's smart, has a good shot, and some nice offensive instincts. I think he could be the next Henrique.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

Auvitu has been passed on the depth chart in Albany by Jacob freaking MacDonald.

The infatuation people have over him due to a brief 10-15 game stretch to start the season is mind boggling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad