Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra

Yal7h98.jpg

z7USlUR.jpg

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I'm watching just to see how Zacha, Blandisi and JQ look. Love what Blandisi has been bringing lately...Excellent speed and vision and his game is much more complete. Still wanna see more shots from him and same with Zacha.

JQ's skill set looks a bit like Boucher's but with much better physical tools. He's faster (though it's still not a strength), smoother, and bigger. Looks like his game will translate much better at the NHL level than Boucher's did. Boucher had an NHL caliber shot, he just didn't have much else. JQ has the shot and some other tools in the tool bag.

Last edited by a moderator:

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Obviously in our best interest to have a better draft pick, but games like last night are glimmers of hope for the future.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Far as I'm concerned, so long as they griefed philly yet again by coming off a HUGE losing streak only to bury the flyers with a surprise win...they can lose everything from here on out (including the 2 remaining flyers games). And this is coming from someone that still has 3 home games to attend. :help: Gotta get some kind of pick out of this horrid year.

At any rate, losing to the pens would be no great surprise though I definitely enjoyed the heart and hustle from some of our younger players last night.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Remember when Palmieri was dubbed "useless" by some around here?

8 goals and 13 points in his last 11 games. A +5 on a team with a horrendous goal differential. And on pace for 50 points for the second consecutive year.

Worth every penny.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Remember when Palmieri was dubbed "useless" by some around here?

8 goals and 13 points in his last 11 games. A +5 on a team with a horrendous goal differential. And on pace for 50 points for the second consecutive year.

Worth every penny.

Legit :yo:

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Let's lose in style. I'm watching just to see how Zacha, Blandisi and JQ look. Love what Blandisi has been bringing lately...Excellent speed and vision and his game is much more complete. Still wanna see more shots from him and same with Zacha.

JQ's skill set looks a bit like Boucher's but with much better physical tools. He's faster (though it's still not a strength), smoother, and bigger. Looks like his game will translate much better at the NHL level than Boucher's did. Boucher had an NHL caliber shot, he just didn't have much else. JQ has the shot and some other tools in the tool bag.

This Henrique - Blandisi - Bennett line is going to look really good, in my opinion.

Henrique likes to play the floater role and the other two love to be on the puck and have the puck on their stick. Perfect match IMO because Henrique does a terrific job of filling in the holes at the right time but let's the other two dictate the play.

NjDevsRR

Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
This Henrique - Blandisi - Bennett line is going to look really good, in my opinion.

Henrique likes to play the floater role and the other two love to be on the puck and have the puck on their stick. Perfect match IMO because Henrique does a terrific job of filling in the holes at the right time but let's the other two dictate the play.

Absolutely, that line had instant chemistry last night. Will be watching them closely tonight.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Absolutely, that line had instant chemistry last night. Will be watching them closely tonight.

That line reminds me a lot of Henrique - Gomez - Bernier line that worked so well.

In all honesty our lines the other night were very solid. We'd probably end up being a .500 team for the rest of the year if we ran with lines like that.

That's also without Cammalleri and Josefson in the line-up.

NjDevsRR

Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
That line reminds me a lot of Henrique - Gomez - Bernier line that worked so well.

In all honesty our lines the other night were very solid. We'd probably end up being a .500 team for the rest of the year if we ran with lines like that.

That's also without Cammalleri and Josefson in the line-up.

Like I posted in the optimism thread; we can be looking at lines like these next season (barring any trades/acquisitions)

Hall Zacha Palmieri
Henrique Blandisi Camm/Speers
Quenneville Zajac Bennett
Wood Josefson Lappin

We would do fine with that lineup with an upgraded defense.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Aggravating things to hear from our fanbase last night at the game:

"Assisted by #8, Beau Bennett!" - Kevin Clark

"Hey, his first point in about 40 games!" - Random fan.

That was his 3rd straight game with a point. :facepalm:

I had been sour on Bennett due to him not putting up points, but he's really starting to get comfortable out there. Certainly in agreement with the above that his line with Rico and Blender looked great.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
If Crosby is hanging out at the corner of crease, can someone PLEASE knock him on his ass? Back in November, nobody paid attention to him and he cherry-picked the puck with 14 seconds left and tied the game. The rest is bad history.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

I had been sour on Bennett due to him not putting up points, but he's really starting to get comfortable out there. Certainly in agreement with the above that his line with Rico and Blender looked great.

The one thing I did enjoy was there was a couple people behind me that chanted "Hey! Devils suck" after the first Devils goal instead of you suck.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
The one thing I did enjoy was there was a couple people behind me that chanted "Hey! Devils suck" after the first Devils goal instead of you suck.

That would not be an enjoyable experience for me.
The negative/cynical/self-defeatist type of fan.

Hypernova

Apr 20, 2007
Boston, MA
www.worldwrasslinpodcast.com

I mean, he has 14 points on the season. Not that far off-base.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Aside from his uncanny ability to not be in the right place at the right time for potting a goal, BB appears to me anyway to do all of the other right things...kind of like JJ in some ways though their strengths relative to the three zones is a place where they differ. His effort level is generally consistent as well.

Our collective lack of finishing ability in general is an ongoing concern but certainly BB otherwise consistently drives play and possession that should be leading to more scoring. Seems a much better player than he gets credit for due to lacking the points but I don't think it's for lack of being what could be a valued contributor moving forward as we develop or acquire skilled players. He's not indispensable, but for now I think we'd be worse off without him assuming he stays healthy (which he has for the most part).

His paltry point tally is hard to reconcile with making a case for having him around. Not my view, but I can see why he takes heat from the fan base for being an apparent black hole on offense.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ

It's weird because it seems like he should click with Hall, even aside from their history in Windsor. Hall-Henrique has not been a thing at all this season.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
Like I posted in the optimism thread; we can be looking at lines like these next season (barring any trades/acquisitions)

Hall Zacha Palmieri
Wood Josefson Lappin

I wouldn't mind seeing Mcleod center that 4th line. He and Wood would give teams fits with that speed.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
I wouldn't mind seeing Mcleod center that 4th line. He and Wood would give teams fits with that speed.

Mikey is going to need some AHL time. He needs to learn to slow the game down... he's going to have a very short career if he keeps trying to barrel up the ice every possession

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey

Hall Zacha Palmieri
Wood Josefson Lappin

Hall Zacha Palmieri
Quenneville Zajac Hischier :sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:
Wood Josefson Lappin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad