GDT: Devils vs. Penguins - 7:00 PM MSG+

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
Auvitu has been passed on the depth chart in Albany by Jacob freaking MacDonald.

The infatuation people have over him due to a brief 10-15 game stretch to start the season is mind boggling.

Because Coaches are incapable of making mistakes in player evaluation right? I mean it never happens. He was averaging a point every two games in the AHL while consistently getting the most shot attempts amongst our defenseman. If he was getting benched for that, I really have no idea what that's about.

Making a few plays means zip if the majority of your ice time is a disaster.

If you have some of the best corsi numbers of the team, there's statistical evidence the majority of your ice-time isn't a disaster. In Lovejoy's/Moore's case it has been, not in Auvitu. Auvitu simply doesn't have the NHL style of game that our coaches want. I think it's a mistake, but like everyone said there's not point in talking about it anymore so this will be my last time mentioning it. He doesn't have a spot on this team with this staff/regime. I think it will come back to hurt us and he'll turn into a very nice player on another team, but it simply won't get to happen here.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
huh. just realised the Wings final game in the Joe is against us

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Because Coaches are incapable of making mistakes in player evaluation right? I mean it never happens. He was averaging a point every two games in the AHL while consistently getting the most shot attempts amongst our defenseman. If he was getting benched for that, I really have no idea what that's about.

Auvitu's defensive faults were becoming a serious problem before he left.

Offensively, my biggest problem with Auvitu is as much as he tries to push the play and get involved, he hardly had that sense of how to generate tangible offense. He doesn't seem to have that sense of how to translate his chances into points which as a smaller defenseman, he needs to be able to do.

People talk about him on here like he's a bonafide 2LD when all he had was a solid stretch to start the year but he's looked mediocre ever since.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Any word on who plays in goal against the Jackets tomorrow eh? Schneider probably no?

Should be Schneider

But tank commander Hynes might go with Kinkaid for the third game in a row, as playing Kinkaid three games in a row gives us the best chance collectively as a group to lose a hockey game.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Should be Schneider

But tank commander Hynes might go with Kinkaid for the third game in a row, as playing Kinkaid three games in a row gives us the best chance collectively as a group to lose a hockey game.

Cory has lost his last 8 starts, so we may have just much of a chance of tanking with him as with Kinkaid at this point.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Cory has lost his last 8 starts, so we may have just much of a chance of tanking with him as with Kinkaid at this point.

Aside from his last 3 starts, which were abysmal, did he really play that badly in the preceding 5?

He gave up a weak goal against Arizona, he gave up a weak goal against Columbus but had no business playing that one after playing the night before. Just like Kinkaid had no business playing last game, after playing the night before. He gave up at least one weak one against Colorado.

But he allowed 1 goal against Washington, while Holtby was tested less than the valet who parks the cars at the Verizon Center. He played great against Boston, allowed 3 goals on 40 shots and none were weak. He kept the game from being a blowout like last night, though we played much better offense last night than in that pile of feces excuse for a game on our part. I was flabbergasted at even seeing 2 or 3 posts after that game about how ''We didn't play that badly, we gave up a lot of shots but didn't give them much''. It's like when Cory plays well, he doesn't get enough credit. The team kept the shots to the outside or boxed out or whatever. Then when he plays poorly, it's the defense's fault.

He was definitely bad against Montreal, two weak goals, including the OT winner. Putrid OT winner against the Rangers and was good against Ottawa but we couldn't score, just like almost every game that he plays in.

So I guess he was worse than I originally thought in a lot of those games before the last 3, but he easily could have won 2 or 3 of those. He played well enough to win 2 or 3 of them. He definitely played well enough to win the Boston, Washington and last Ottawa game, and played well enough to win the Rangers game before that brutal OT winner.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I wasn't saying it was necessarily Cory's fault. My point was moreso given the state of the team as a whole it probably doesn't make much difference which goalie we play at this point. Usually when Cory stands on his head the offense is nonexistent. And then when we score 3 he somehow gives up 4 (whether they're bad goals or not).

Honestly though, I don't really care who plays the rest of the way.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I wasn't saying it was necessarily Cory's fault. My point was moreso given the state of the team as a whole it probably doesn't make much difference which goalie we play at this point. Usually when Cory stands on his head the offense is nonexistent. And then when we score 3 he somehow gives up 4 (whether they're bad goals or not).

Honestly though, I don't really care who plays the rest of the way.

I really don't care who plays from here on out, as long as nobody is playing two nights in a row, barring one of them being unable to play when that time comes.

I don't understand two nights in a row at this point. Last year it made sense, when Kinkaid wasn't good and we were in the race from October to February. I think it's useless at this point. Same with when Philly decided to play Mason the other night against us, after he shut out Pittsburgh the night before. It was pretty identical to what happened with us in the Pittsburgh game. Flyers get an early goal, then Mason allows that weak goal to Palmieri a few minutes later to tie the game. We score an early goal on Pittsburgh, then Kinkaid allows that weak goal a few minutes later and it ties the game. Both goalies playing two nights in a row.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00