GDT: Devils vs. Panthers 7PM MSG+

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
That was such a brutal game to watch. I'm so glad I got to go to the movies right after and actually have my expectations shattered.

Camille the Eel

I thought the second goal - Kulikov's - was the back breaker. You could see the air just go out of our tires while they got pumped and (early as it was) we were never in the game after that. Our compete level just vanished. Won't say we quit, it seemed less an effort of our will than just feeling beaten.

But unless Corey stands on his head we generally don't have a great chance to win any game. Last night he was just human - not a bad goal among their four - and that wasn't enough. Without Corey this year our record is Columbus.

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario
Farnham is on IR still?

So that means we have to waive someone or send someone to Albany before we activate him? Well at least if Zajac is activated first?

Yep and if they activate Zajac first, then I don't think Farmham can be the one waived, because I think he needs to be on the active roster first.

So you might see a Merrill demotion on paper, activate Farnham, then waive Farnham since I think Merrill is the only who can be demoted without waivers. Maybe Kalinin can too now that I think about it.

Either way someone needs to go to get to 23.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
No way you do.

He was one of the few (less than 5) players that was hustling his tail off last night.
Plus he goes to the net and scores.

It might've been Kennedy who threw it in front, but the play where Kalinin drove the net and knocked both Montoya and the net off, was pretty impressive.

That's the type of play we need out of our bottom-6: find the guy crashing the front of the net. Not this airy-fairy BS that Josefson and Gionta do with cycling around the back of the net only to get pinned on the boards and turn the puck over.

Save the skill stuff for the guys that actually have it.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm still annoyed, that game was a disgrace.

Only 16 shots on goal in a game that we were down multiple goals for about 50 minutes of.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
As much as we sucked I've gotta give the Panthers credit, looked like a different team from the last few years, they really took it too us and shut us down. They were really tough through the NZ, kept everything to the outside and were waaaay stronger on the puck.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
As much as we sucked I've gotta give the Panthers credit, looked like a different team from the last few years, they really took it too us and shut us down. They were really tough through the NZ, kept everything to the outside and were waaaay stronger on the puck.

They were definitely ready to play, then it looked like we stopped playing after they took the lead.

But I thought they played us well last time and deserved much better.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I'm still annoyed, that game was a disgrace.

Only 16 shots on goal in a game that we were down multiple goals for about 50 minutes of.

It was literally nauseating to see them lay down on shot opportunities, only for the Panthers to pepper Cory nearly every shift. I'll put that on Hynes; the only message from the head coach when you're down 3-0 should be to just put everything on net.

The only guy that seemed to understand that concept was Kennedy.

Panthers absolutely played a very clean game, and they're a good team. I'm more pissed about how the Devils lost rather than the fact that they lost.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It was literally nauseating to see them lay down on shot opportunities, only for the Panthers to pepper Cory nearly every shift. I'll put that on Hynes; the only message from the head coach when you're down 3-0 should be to just put everything on net.

The only guy that seemed to understand that concept was Kennedy.

Panthers absolutely played a very clean game, and they're a good team. I'm more pissed about how the Devils lost rather than the fact that they lost.

Yeah this was definitely a no show or early departure at the very least, there's no reason why this team should be tired tomorrow night. They didn't even play or compete for the last 50 minutes last night.

One thing that annoyed me with Hynes was starting Tootoo's line in the 2nd period out there against Jagr's line. He already knew Jagr's line would be out there since he had last change. He has to know that Tootoo's line gets pinned in by everyone by this point. Jagr's line was pinning in every line the first time we played them this year and Henrique's (I think?) on goal number 2. But Tootoo is the last line you want out there.

And then Larsson had to take a penalty cause they couldn't get it out of their end. That's just asking for a penalty against or a goal against, when you put Tootoo out there with Jagr,.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
This may make me get laughed at, but I think Farnham would've made a difference last night were he available to play.

I said the same thing last night. We really needed some energy these last 3 games. **** happens when he's out there, wind that little effer up and set him loose.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad