GDT: Devils vs. Panthers - 7:30PM MSG+2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
According to that map, that number sounds generous. I know the whole 'those in glass houses' deal, but that's a good team down there. I don't think I've ever seen the Rock with as many empty as on the ticketmaster map for tonight's game.

I bet they still announce something like 11,000.

Their ticket prices are also much cheaper.

But all I care about is 2 points.
Devils have stunk there since 2012.

Florida usually out skates and out hustles us in that arena.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
According to that map, that number sounds generous. I know the whole 'those in glass houses' deal, but that's a good team down there. I don't think I've ever seen the Rock with as many empty as on the ticketmaster map for tonight's game.

I bet they still announce something like 11,000.
Is there an arena in Miami they can relocate to? I mean that would not hurt. They are lucky they have one of the richest owners in the league who treats this as a hobby and not an investment.

Another thing about us, we are never under 85-90% percent for the year and that's with having average priced tickets. We are not dirt cheap like Arizona, Florida and Carolina.

severian

Aug 19, 2007
Westfield
Is there an arena in Miami they can relocate to? I mean that would not hurt. They are lucky they have one of the richest owners in the league who treats this as a hobby and not an investment.

Another thing about us, we are never under 85-90% percent for the year and that's with having average priced tickets. We are not dirt cheap like Arizona, Florida and Carolina.

Our average priced tickets are nonsense. The Devils paper the house big time. I bet they already gave away a few thousand tickets just with the NHL App giveaway.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Not a fan of trashing another team over their fan support. Devils fans especially should not be doing that.

I do not think we are trashing or making fun of them, we are stating the obvious and stated that I feel bad for their fans and inquired about a move to Miami to approve attendance.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
As weird as it sounds, it can be difficult for road teams in dead arenas because there's zero atmosphere to build off of. It feels like a scrimmage. Real Madrid had to play a no name Polish team on the road in an empty stadium because of fan violations yesterday and they tied 3-3 in a game they should have won 5-0

Khione

Swede or Turnip?
Jul 24, 2013
Duna
I want cammalleri to score. Get him going. Win or loose get him a goal. Adam hall you Can doit!

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Not a fan of trashing another team over their fan support. Devils fans especially should not be doing that.

No fan-base should be trashing another's fan support.
Including the media that covers the league.

We see how dumb Rags and Philly fans sound.

And that idiot Panthers executive who claimed that it was Devils fans throwing thousands of plastic rats on the ice last season.
That was very bush league by the franchise in handing them out pregame and then trying to deflect attention away from their stupid decision.
I don't blame their fans though.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
I'm just going to assume any game in the state of Florida is a loss.

Being a fan of Atlanta teams, and particularly Atlanta hockey teams, it's just no fun being a fan of a team nobody shows up for, though at least the Atlanta market has the excuse of consistently disappointing teams to root for. It's gotta suck even worse when you have a good team to root for and still nobody else will show up. At least the Atlanta stadiums are (mostly) full when the teams are good.

BadFella

"$8 Million Goalie My Ass!"
Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105
The only thing I hate more than wall-to-wall political ads on my TV is MSG+2.

2023 can't come soon enough. MSG sucks.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Underrated first picture of the thread...only funny cause it's true :laugh:

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Oh look, another game in the years 2016 that I am forced to watch in Standard quality. Awesome job Fios!

Don't blame FiOS, blame that MSG jerk James Dolan. FiOS had to fight for years to even get you the channel in SD. James is the one blocking you from having it in HD.

BadFella

"$8 Million Goalie My Ass!"
Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105
Don't blame FiOS, blame that MSG jerk James Dolan. FiOS had to fight for years to even get you the channel in SD. James is the one blocking you from having it in HD.
Ding ding.

At least he doesn't own Cablevision anymore. His hockey monopoly is reduced to the Rangers, MSG Network, and Newsday.

Comcast still owns the Flyers though.

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Ding ding.

At least he doesn't own Cablevision anymore. His hockey monopoly is reduced to the Rangers, MSG Network, and Newsday.

Comcast still owns the Flyers though.

Claude Giroux is a Comcast employee.

On another note, at least we should be quite competitive by the time the contract with MSG runs out so that should give us leverage in any further negotiations. I wonder how this "One Jersey" Network experiment with the Devils and iHeartRadio will turn out as well.

Excited for the game tonight! Let's try to not limp through the Florida road trip (this schedule is so ridiculously front-loaded)

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Wow we're really 25th in goals for? Baby steps!

lol just checked, we're 29th. Still, baby steps! But I just realized that's goals for per game I'm guessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad