GDT: Devils vs. Lightning - Halloween Edition 7:00PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I mean, I get it, you don't want to throw a guy to the wolves. We've seen prospects be ruined by giving them too much to quickly.

But Zacha has conquered everything that's been thrown at him so far. It's not like he's just getting by, he's excelled. if there's anyone that's earned more time it's him.

That being said it is still absurdly early in the season. It's not even Halloween yet. If it's January and Zacha/Auvitu are still getting weak minutes then I'll be upset.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
I didn't watch last nights game but I read here that Zacha played really well. I don't know if he was with Hall for the majority of the game however. If he was, then I don't get this move at all. Sure you don't want to burn him out but this hypothetical that he'll be helping us out near the end of the year to push for a playoffs only works if we're close enough to the playoffs... And for some reason I feel like switching up the top line that has played really well the past few games isn't the best way to go about that.

He wasn't. They had one shift together where Zacha set him up, not much else.

I was nice to see Zacha being more individually assertive, though. Took more shots, went to the net.

It doesn't really make sense to me, either.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
Zacha is a teenager. He's not going to be going toe-to-toe with the best centers in the world every night just yet.
--
Hilarious GDT, well done.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Not thrilled with the constant bingo balling by Hynes so far this season.

oxman44

Dec 1, 2015
Hunterdon
PAP moved up to halls line , Palms on ricos. not a big fan of PAP and zajac with hall. that little experiment didn't work last time. just not fast enough to keep up. Hall needs at least one other fast player on his line imo

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
PAP moved up to halls line , Palms on ricos. not a big fan of PAP and zajac with hall. that little experiment didn't work last time. just not fast enough to keep up. Hall needs at least one other fast player on his line imo
There is only one answer, and it is Pavel Zacha. Literally the only time in last night's game that they played together, which was for around 10 seconds, Zacha set up Hall, and I am pretty sure he hit the post. At this point we have given Zajac enough chances with Hall, and pretty obviously didn't work out. If anything just put Rico back on his line and try that out for one more game. I mean at this point, I am not even sure Hynes watches the games anymore, when we already tried all 3 of these lines out, and I'm pretty certain they didn't work. I am all for Hynes testing out different lines, but I don't think we should be resorting to old ones that already sucked

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The thing is Zajac is playing excellent so far this season, but he just isn't a good fit for Hall, while Zacha and Hall have been dynamic every time they have played together.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah

I'm not sure why the need to switch around the top two lines

But at least the answer wasn't JJ back in or some **** like Kalinin with Zajac to shut down top lines.

That use to annoy the **** out of me last year. It also led to a 4 game even strength goal drought.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Win a game where we score first this season, for once please!:rant:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goal horn is WAYYYYY louder on the away team's broadcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad