GDT: Devils vs Jets - Season Opener!!! 7:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
is boqvist seriously going to be a healthy scratch?
Think I called it a few weeks ago and people went nutty.

In fact I think I got the foward lines exactly correct during that Hayden, Boqvist, Simmonds and Wood discussion.

It's going to be tough for him to get into the lineup with Hall, Gusev, Coleman holding those top 3 three LW spots.

Edit:. But I am sure as soon as we lose a game they'll make an irrational rotation.

Last edited:

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012

I'm more interested to see the reaction to the placement of the "2nd" and "3rd" lines than the absence of Boqvist.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Boqvist being scratched was telegraphed all week with how he was rotating in with the top line. I bet he plays tomorrow though.

My hype is still off the charts.

Reactions: Darkauron

MNDevilsfan

Jan 9, 2015
St. Paul, MN
Not too bothered by Boqvist not playing tonight, because I am sure he'll get in games sooner rather than later.

Greene with Subban though? I don't know about that.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Think I called it a few weeks ago and people went nutty.

In fact I think I got the foward lines exactly correct during that Hayden, Boqvist, Simmonds and Wood discussion.

It's going to be tough for him to get into the lineup with Hall, Gusev, Coleman holding those top 3 three LW spots.

Edit:. But I am sure as soon as we lose a game they'll make an irrational rotation.

oh i remember quite well. i was told by one guy that not only was boqvist a lock to play, he was a lock to be on the 2nd PP unit. when i saw that, i laughed so hard i piddled the carpet some.

who would people rather have as a healthy scratch? boqvist or seney/anderson/bastian/mcleod/etc?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Winnipeg is aheavy team. Hardly surprised they are starting Hayden over Boqvist, they are expecting to grind it out.

Reactions: The 29th Pick

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Sitting Boqvist for Hayden is hilarious. Even on his best day, what exactly is Hayden's added value?

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Sitting Boqvist for Hayden is hilarious. Even on his best day, what exactly is Hayden's added value?

hayden brings an element that few other guys do. boqvist brings an element we already have a lot of. i have no complaints with hayden on the 4th line

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
yeah the added value is physicality - against a physical team. this shouldn't surprise anyone. it's a long season, boqvist is going to play plenty

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
hayden brings an element that few other guys do. boqvist brings an element we already have a lot of. i have no complaints with hayden on the 4th line
Hayden’s element:

giphy.gif

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
from watching the jets vs rangers last night. it was almost a playoff game in effort and in shots, The jets still looked big , heavy, and can score..they doubled up on laine. the Queen won the mvp of that game. Kakko off the score sheet was nice (although when he got the puck i think he was doubled as well). Lets go for young smaller, rebuilt teams!

jets looked good especially there top 2 lines.. hellesuck was terrible in net though lol.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
oh i remember quite well. i was told by one guy that not only was boqvist a lock to play, he was a lock to be on the 2nd PP unit. when i saw that, i laughed so hard i piddled the carpet some.

who would people rather have as a healthy scratch? boqvist or seney/anderson/bastian/mcleod/etc?
I was advocating for Bastian over Hayden on the 4th RW spot but I knew it wasn't going to happen. I don't think Hayden should be in the lineup personally.

Edit: watch him score tonight now I that I said that. For his 9th goal of his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad