GDT: Devils vs Islanders - Preseason - 7:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County

jOEbwc4.gif

I have always wondering how they come up with the groups because I’ve never viewed it as random. I think Mr Hynes and company have managed to split PP1 and PP2 and have them working all preseason together so they will be ready for game 1.

Yesterday we saw PP1 and today we see PP2.

Reactions: JK3

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Are the Islanders playing anything approaching their A lineup tonight? Just curious to know how to evaluate our B team's performance.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Are the Islanders playing anything approaching their A lineup tonight? Just curious to know how to evaluate our B team's performance.

from there website:

ISLANDERS ROSTER:
GOALIES:

1 Thomas Greiss
50 Jared Coreau

DEFENSEMEN:
44 Sebastian Aho
38 Kyle Burroughs
45 Noah Dobson
4 Thomas Hickey
2 Nick Leddy
24 Scott Mayfield
3 Adam Pelech

FORWARDS:
13 Mathew Barzal
20 Kieffer Bellows
28 Michael Dal Colle
49 Arnaud Durandeau
11 Tanner Fritz
7 Jordan Eberle
74 Simon Holmstrom
66 Mason Jobst
32 Ross Johnston
48 Otto Koivula
47 Leo Komarov
14 Tom Kuhnhackl
37 Matt Lorito
27 Anders Lee

Looks like a B team I think but I really don't know, some good players in there.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Like Coach said , vets are getting outplayed by the kids .
Wood looks to be on the “danger of getting cut “ line .
First line are slam dunks to make the team , second line looks like three guys that all have a chance battling fir one or two spots but have , 3rd line is “impress us or your in danger of going to the AHL” and 4th line is “ your are getting sent down but want to give you the experience of a NHL game “

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Forgot about Zacha . Going to be very hard battle for last forward roster spot . Boqvist might be the only one who makes it out if the bubble guys but a couple making it hard ( maltzev McLeod )

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Forgot about Zacha . Going to be very hard battle for last forward roster spot . Boqvist might be the only one who makes it out if the bubble guys but a couple making it hard ( maltzev McLeod )

Boqvist and Zacha will make the team. Boqvist's eligibility conundrum almost certainly guarantees it, and we need Zacha on the penalty kill. Those two are no-brainers.

Maltsev and McLeod have turned heads, but I'd prefer them to start in Binghamton getting high-quality, top-minute reps instead of rotating in/out of the NHL lineup in a minimized role. It'll facilitate their development and it'll keep them hungry.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Tonight will be my first look at Gusev and I'm pretty excited to see what he can do. I've heard good things.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
If PZ takes much longer to arrive the team might be able to have him open the season on an AHL conditioning stint to get up to NHL speed. That would allow a young player to stay up for a week or two as a reward for a good camp.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
If PZ takes much longer to arrive the team might be able to have him open the season on an AHL conditioning stint to get up to NHL speed. That would allow a young player to stay up for a week or two as a reward for a good camp.

I don't think it would. Players on conditioning loans count as part of the roster unless they were injured and on IR.

This idea that Miles Wood isn't doing enough - I'd love to know the origin of this game of telephone.

Reactions: My3Sons

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
This idea that Miles Wood isn't doing enough - I'd love to know the origin of this game of telephone.

Probably because the coaches are saying the same thing they say every year, that veterans' places on the roster aren't guaranteed, and the young guys are outplaying some of them. Wood hasn't looked particularly sharp, so the speculation attaches to him.

That said, I doubt he'll be left off the NHL roster. He brings an element of speed and feistiness that I don't think they would ignore.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I don't think it would. Players on conditioning loans count as part of the roster unless they were injured and on IR.

Well, telephone the game probably started sometime after Alexander Graham Bell but it wouldn’t surprise me if there was an earlier version called Morse where all the participants had to deliver the message from person to person by whispering dots and dashes into each other’s ears.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Probably because the coaches are saying the same thing they say every year, that veterans' places on the roster aren't guaranteed, and the young guys are outplaying some of them. Wood hasn't looked particularly sharp, so the speculation attaches to him.

That said, I doubt he'll be left off the NHL roster. He brings an element of speed and feistiness that I don't think they would ignore.
I don't think he will be cut as we would have to waive him, and that would be dumb, but I also don't think he's had enough jump in his game. He's at his best when he's tenacious on the puck and looking hungry to get involved, similar to how Coleman almost always plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad