GDT: Devils vs. Islanders - 7:00 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That jacket DSP has on is okay.

I'd like it better in red and black.

I don't like white on a jacket or a hoodie.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
We can come to a big mutual agreement on this.

I don't understand why Moore is even an option to send out there with 5 minutes left with a one goal lead.

And this is no time to get cute, Cammalleri should be back in tomorrow. And when I said ''Herculean goalie effort'' back in the early part of the 2nd period, or even in the 1st period (forgot when I said it), I didn't even envision this game turning out to be the train wreck it turned into.

So Hynes saying we're keeping him out because we won, would be a ********* cop out and ******** reason for ''Not breaking up a winning lineup''.

Maybe some dumb team will trade us a third rounder at the deadline for him :). I wish Quincy was healthy. I think he's been a great value signing. There's no was Cammalleri misses more than one game.

Greene-Santini
Merrill-Severson
Quincy-Lovejoy

This is the defense I want tried out. Santini is so good defensivly, he doesn't rush, plays calm and makes the good first pass or the safe play. Plus he's got talent offensively, I'm really excited about his future. People are over looking what he's doing out there.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I thought he was great all game. If PAP could finish he'd have 2 points in this one.

He was okay, obviously his goal that turned out to be the game-winner turns his okay performance to a pretty good one. But there were a lot times he was weak along the boards both in the offensive and defensive ends. I think he still defers to his teammates too much in terms of carrying the play through the neutral zone on our breakouts. There are a lot of times he has a clear lane to skate with it and at the very least get it to center for a dump and chase but instead he opts for the cross ice pass to someone who is in worse position. He has the speed and strength to start those rushes on his own but he doesn't do it enough. But he's 19 though so I'm not worried about that right now.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That first Islanders goal was so bad, what was everyone doing? It was like a party on one side of the net. You could have built a condo complex on the open side of the ice to the right of the net there.

DSPs hat and jacket :laugh:

Love it

Does he have on one of thoese pride T-shirts that most teams are doing for the you can play initiative? If so, that's pretty cool. I'm glad that's something we're doing.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
That first Islanders goal was so bad, what was everyone doing? It was like a party on one side of the net. You could have built a condo complex on the open side of the ice to the right of the net there.

Does he have on one of thoese pride T-shirts that most teams are doing for the you can play initiative? If so, that's pretty cool. I'm glad that's something we're doing.

Yeah his tshirt was a pride shirt.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Maybe some dumb team will trade us a third rounder at the deadline for him :). I wish Quincy was healthy. I think he's been a great value signing. There's no was Cammalleri misses more than one game.

Greene-Santini
Merrill-Severson
Quincy-Lovejoy

This is the defense I want tried out. Santini is so good defensivly, he doesn't rush, plays calm and makes the good first pass or the safe play. Plus he's got talent offensively, I'm really excited about his future. People are over looking what he's doing out there.

Those pairings are fine. I like that with Quincy, he's not used in a role greater than his capabilities, which is great. We've never really over-used him. Unlike some of the other guys on D and at forward.

I wouldn't mind Santini up there, but I understand them keeping him dialed back right now, as it's his first year as a pro.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Lmao DSPs attire right now

I used to have a Yankees one like that in elementary school. Then I had a Mets one later on. I think I even had a Knicks one some point.

That's a real throwback jacket haha.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Haha yeah digging that jacket DSP had. I had an original green Starter one, don't think I'd fit into it now lol.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Haha yeah digging that jacket DSP had. I had an original green Starter one, don't think I'd fit into it now lol.

I had a blue Mets one, I think I had that before the Yankees one actually. I wasn't really a Yankees fan, like I was a Mets fan. Not that I hated the Yankees, but that was probably a gift. I've probably got pictures in photo albums here haha.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
I'm really ****ing tired of Tavares taking liberties with our players. Henrigue gets a penalty for cross checking him, yet he gets free reign on Henrique. I don't care how good he is, I can't stand that s.o.b.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
Those pairings are fine. I like that with Quincy, he's not used in a role greater than his capabilities, which is great. We've never really over-used him. Unlike some of the other guys on D and at forward.

I wouldn't mind Santini up there, but I understand them keeping him dialed back right now, as it's his first year as a pro.

Quincy is also the only defender we have that can score on a one-timer from the point. Which is kinda pathetic.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm really ****ing tired of Tavares taking liberties with our players. Henrigue gets a penalty for cross checking him, yet he gets free reign on Henrique. I don't care how good he is, I can't stand that s.o.b.

He reminds me of some nerdy jock from some 80's movie. He looks and even sounds like one. I think I even knew some dude like him at my high school (which wasn't in the 80's, I'm not THAT old LOL!). All the girls liked him cause he played football and he was really good at football at the high school level. He was also dumber than a box of rocks and got a university scholarship because of how good he was at football. As good as he was at the high school level, he stunk at the college level and became nothing and then he also couldn't hack it in college because he was worthless as far as book smart goes (I probably am too though) and without the football, he wasn't long for that big college.

Saw him making pizzas at a place in town, years later. Felt kind of bad for him then. One of the best football players in the county probably, then busted something epic at the college level.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Quincy is also the only defender we have that can score on a one-timer from the point. Which is kinda pathetic.

I think you're probably right, he isn't terrible at offense and has scored a few nice goals from the point.

I think he's probably close to the end of the line and I think there's a good chance he doesn't play in the NHL next year. It's kind of hard to be too upset with him though, as he's a #6 defenseman that has been used as a #5 at the most.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
You have to start kinkaid tomorrow, Cory will be dead by the 2nd if he starts tomorrow, less then 24 hrs from now

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
''How can you not start Cory Schneider tomorrow night?''

Really Stan?

Come on man

Save percentages historically go down when a goalie plays two nights in a row. If we had terrible backup goaltending or even the Kinkaid of last year, maybe you give him another spin at it.

He played really good the last time he played two nights in a row, but I think it's useless to play him again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad