GDT: Devils vs. Islanders - 6:00 PM MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
When I was pissed off about Kinkaid's performance in this game, I just thought back to how he played in Washington and figured they evened themselves out.

Kinkaid's better than he was tonight and he knows it and admitted it afterwards. Learn from it and move on.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Bring back Lindback

I know you're probably just kidding, but the difference between Kinkaid and Lindback to me is that Lindback has been AWFUL for like the last 4 or 5 consecutive seasons that he's played in the NHL. Kinkaid had a solid season, a poor season, was having a really good season until yesterday, where he raised his stoppable goal tally on the season by 33%. And most of yesterday's bad goals (goals 2-5) were worse than his worst goal allowed all season before that. Which was probably the Subban point shot goal against Nashville, that squirted between his pads.

I'm willing to give Kinkaid a chance to bounce back. In fact, I hope he plays the next back to back again, since there's no point in taking the whip to Cory like he's a racehorse going for the Triple Crown.

Last year, you couldn't play Kinkaid too much because he was not good. And you could play Cory in back to back's, because I don't think we had very many 40 shot against games.

CHIP72

Mar 16, 2013
Silver Spring, MD
When I was pissed off about Kinkaid's performance in this game, I just thought back to how he played in Washington and figured they evened themselves out.

Kinkaid's better than he was tonight and he knows it and admitted it afterwards. Learn from it and move on.

LOL - those are the two Devils games started by Kinkaid that I've attended this season. I'm actually looking at things the same way.

The funny thing about last night's game is that Kinkaid actually made some good saves (and obviously made that one spectacular save) but clearly gave up a few soft or semi-soft goals. It should also be noted that although Kinkaid was poor overall, the defense in front of him was shoddy too - way, WAY too many bad turnovers.

The tough thing about last night's game is Berube, the Islanders' goalie, wasn't so hot either. That's a game the Devils ultimately could have won with better goaltending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad