GDT: Devils vs. Hurricanes - 7:00 PM MSG+2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't think he's ever going to be a top 6 forward. He's 24 and hasn't shown that kind of offensive promise. He's quick enough and strong enough to possible be a 4th liner at this level though, with an unlikely homerun being a 3rd liner.

I think 4th line NHL forward is his ceiling.

Coleman's ceiling is occasional NHL call up.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals like tonight's third goal, among many others, are why Cory's save percentage is so low this season. Not because guys didn't ''Box out'' or were caught out position or the defense sucked or whatever other excuses there are. Those goals where guys don't box out would have gotten scored anyway.

It's not like he didn't ever allow these kinds of goals in the past, it just wasn't at the frequency of this year.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I think 4th line NHL forward is his ceiling.

Coleman's ceiling is occasional NHL call up.

Coleman tries to play a controlled game. The NHL pace just seems too much for him to keep up with which is unfortunate. I had some hopes Coleman would be a 4C that's strong along the boards and can actually provide you with solid minutes.

Pietila plays a lot more erratic with more speed so he might have a place as a pest energy line forward.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Goals like tonight's third goal, among many others, are why Cory's save percentage is so low this season. Not because guys didn't ''Box out'' or were caught out position or the defense sucked or whatever other excuses there are. Those goals where guys don't box out would have gotten scored anyway.

It's not like he didn't ever allow these kinds of goals in the past, it just wasn't at the frequency of this year.

I was going to say that goal was the epitome of this season.

Bad goal for Schneider? Yeah. But it was the result of how poor this team is defensively.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
3 shot in, had to wait for the ****ing ice cubes to freeze before i could start mixing my drinks

This game was painful sober. God I hate Carolina so much. I will never not be bitter over 2009

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah. A "stoppable" goal sure, but zero excuse to let him even get a shot off there.

I think whether that goal was scored or not, we probably weren't coming back and tying. Team looked deflated after the second goal, which was not a bad one on Cory but was a brutal one on Greene.

So it's not like that goal cost the team the game or anything, just pointing out that these are the kinds of goals that lead to Cory having a deflated save percentage on the year and they've happened at a more frequent rate than last year. I think it's fair to say he's checked out, but maybe not. He played very well and stole the game against the Rangers.

Kinkaid let in two bad goals the other night too, I wouldn't discount there being another one or more tomorrow from him, since his play has gone downhill since Hynes decided to make him the 1b goalie and give him 3 starts a week.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Coleman was worse actually. He had the puck, then put it right off Aho's skate and Aho shot it past Cory. And Moore just kind of stood there, lost as usual.

Coleman is a very bad defensive player.

He's Hynes new Fiddler/Kalinin replacement. Not quite in the 70% defensive zone start range, but around 62%, so that tells me Hynes thinks he's got potential to be a shutdown guy.

He's failing miserably and his PK work is beyond suspect.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Coleman is a very bad defensive player.

He's Hynes new Fiddler/Kalinin replacement. Not quite in the 70% defensive zone start range, but around 62%, so that tells me Hynes thinks he's got potential to be a shutdown guy.

He's failing miserably and his PK work is beyond suspect.

He's not quick enough to be a good defensive player, and he's not close to skilled/smart/strong enough to make up for being a bit too slow.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
I think whether that goal was scored or not, we probably weren't coming back and tying. Team looked deflated after the second goal, which was not a bad one on Cory but was a brutal one on Greene.

So it's not like that goal cost the team the game or anything, just pointing out that these are the kinds of goals that lead to Cory having a deflated save percentage on the year and they've happened at a more frequent rate than last year. I think it's fair to say he's checked out, but maybe not. He played very well and stole the game against the Rangers.

Kinkaid let in two bad goals the other night too, I wouldn't discount there being another one or more tomorrow from him, since his play has gone downhill since Hynes decided to make him the 1b goalie and give him 3 starts a week.
The porous d this team has played has hurt both goalies this year. Cory just simply sucked by his standards, no other way to put it. Kinkaid overall improvement, but some clunkers in there. If the d doesn't improve next yr, the goalies will suffer the same fate as this season

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Oh wow that shot of Schneider on the bench. He is not a happy camper.

Yeah well good cause I'm not happy watching him sulk around giving up bad goal after bad goal this season either.

Tripp literally just compared this game to Game 7 in 2009. Tripp in troll mode for sure.

And people think OUR broadcasters are bad :laugh:

Then again they're bad the other way bringing up opponents' accomplishments like the Avs Game 7 in 2001.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad