GDT: Devils vs. Hurricanes - 7:00 PM MSG+2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Outplayed Rawly the 2nd half of the 2nd and in the 3rd until the Greene gaffe.

Pietila missed two he should have buried and Hall too in the 3rd.

Saw some good stuff at times.

Oh well, we lost.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The porous d this team has played has hurt both goalies this year. Cory just simply sucked by his standards, no other way to put it. Kinkaid overall improvement, but some clunkers in there. If the d doesn't improve next yr, the goalies will suffer the same fate as this season

I still think Kinkaid was a little bit better in 14-15 than this year, but he's improved from last year when he sucked.

Actually, I think he was about on par with 14-15 up until about 2 weeks ago. Outside of that game in Brooklyn, which was the worst NHL game he's ever played, he had mostly been good this year.

Then the coaches started playing him like he was a 1b goalie to Cory's 1a and playing him on back to back nights and 3 times a week and he's been playing mediocre ever since then.

His last game stunk, he let in two weak goals on Thursday against Toronto. The first goal he allowed against Pittsburgh sucked too. It's clear he's not the kind of goalie you want playing on consecutive nights (ideally you don't want any goalie playing on consecutive nights) or 3 times a week.

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
At least Severson is a stud. Crushing in possession numbers on a ****** team with ****** partners most nights. We had 22 chances with him on the ice on the 5 on 5 tonight and gave up 9.

This guy is going to be appreciated so much more by everyone when our team's talent improves. If we get an improved coach and improved talent, Severson is going to flourish.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
At least Severson is a stud. Crushing in possession numbers on a ****** team with ****** partners most nights. We had 22 chances with him on the ice on the 5 on 5 tonight and gave up 9.

This guy is going to be appreciated so much more by everyone when our team's talent improves. If we get an improved coach and improved talent, Severson is going to flourish.

He also cleared a dangerous out of the crease too. It might have even been when Pietila (the real stone hands around here) broke loose on his breakaway.

If Lovejoy would have done that, he would have been touted as a warrior or something.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore

Example #23524523 of why it takes 200 games for a Dman to learn the NHL game

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Example #23524523 of why it takes 200 games for a Dman to learn the NHL game

Does that mean it will take 200 games for Lovejoy to learn how to be a top pairing defenseman?

If so, we've only got 126 games to go to hold out hope!:sarcasm:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I just realized Noesen was a healthy scratch and not an injured one.

Good god

I don't even like him that much, but one of Coleman or Pietila should be sitting for him. They haven't shown anything other than an inability to finish (in Pietila's case) and to be a complete liability on the PK and defensive zone in Coleman's case.

And 7 defensemen too, getthe****outtahere!

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Not that I miss him, but is DSP hurt or just banished to the press box?

Hurt

And even though we still suck, we haven't looked quite as bad without him in the lineup. He's a complete liability, even more so than the Blake's and doesn't score anymore at all.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hurt and isn't skating. Doubt we ever seem him play as a Devil again.

God I forgot Camm is still on this team. I feel bad for him, but we really aren't missing him.

I hope you're right about DSP, we need to purge him of this roster. He had a beyond disappointing follow up to last season, even though we knew he wasn't as good as he was to end last season.

I would prefer Camm over a lot of these guys, but it was to be expected that he'd miss time. I doubt we see him again before the season ends, but maybe we will because he did supposedly practice today.

DSP's injury was very strange. Didn't he practice one day and everything was fine, then the next morning he wasn't on the ice for the morning skate and has been off the ice since?

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I think the last game DSP played was when Hynes called him out then he's hurt all this time?

I missed the third period, just saw the 3rd goal, woof. Holy **** that was pathetic, 1 on 4 and we get out worked, pretty bad goal to give up by Cory too.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think the last game DSP played was when Hynes called him out then he's hurt all this time?

I missed the third period, just saw the 3rd goal, woof. Holy **** that was pathetic, 1 on 4 and we get out worked, pretty bad goal to give up by Cory too.

Did you just wake up from your nap you were gonna take after the 1st period? Haha.

That's why the DSP thing is strange. I'm not suggesting a conspiracy here, but it was pretty funny that his last game was where his gaffe led to the game winning goal with a little over a minute left in Colorado and then it looked like he was gonna be playing the next game, but was a late scratch and has been injured ever since.

His injury is probably keeping both of Pietila and Coleman up here and away from Albany too, where they could really use at least one or both of them. I really wouldn't rather see DSP than either of them at this point, even though DSP is a bigger threat to score once in a while than either of them. I also feel like he's even more of a liability than them.

That last goal was pretty bad by everyone on the ice. Cory looked to have checked out on that one. I had no confidence we would have tied it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig