GDT: Devils vs. Flyers 1PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
All in all though, I don't really take offense to stuff said about us by other teams fanbases.

I'm more offended and annoyed by all the stupid trap accusations that won't go away. I take those a hell of a lot more personally than anything negative said about our team or one of our players.

I also take it personally and am more offended when I see people on the main board call goaltenders like the current day Rinne, Bishop, and god forbid Neuvirth, being better than Schneider.

And yes, someone really said earlier in the season that Neuvirth was better than Schneider on the main board. I'm not 100% sure if it was serious or sarcasm or not, but I was leaning toward it being serious.

Honestly who cares?

How many years have all of us heard people claim that Brodeur wasn't that good and he was just carried by a defensive team for all those years? Yet all these years I was able to respect players like Richter and other "Rivals". Just ignore the trolls... They only exist if you let them.

Same goes for all the "boring trap hockey". Oh well.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Missed this one, huge win though! And bambisi with another goal, so happy he's playing the way he has.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
The coach definitely agrees that he's been "mediocre" for weeks by playing him over 28 minutes :laugh:

Was DeBoer then justified in benching him for weeks on end when he was playing very well?

This is generally what I do anyway. I was Larsson's biggest defender when everyone else was crapping on him. Now I'm just pointing out a bit of a dip in his play when everyone else has him on a pedastal.

FWIW, I wore a Larsson jersey to the game today. I am a huge fan of his.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hellraiser

Jun 12, 2015
New Jersey
Was DeBoer then justified in benching him for weeks on end when he was playing very well?

This is generally what I do anyway. I was Larsson's biggest defender when everyone else was crapping on him. Now I'm just pointing out a bit of a dip in his play when everyone else has him on a pedastal.

I get what you're getting at, but still the guy still plays 28 minutes a night and plays like a stud. Guys like Kreider may have exposed Larsson in the past 10 games or so, but its all part of the learning process and shouldn't be anything major.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Missed the game, but the ESPN app of all things sent me an alert to watch Blender's goal. How the hell did he score that?

I read this and went straight to the mainboard thinking there would be a thread on it, and surely enough there was. Holy **** what a beauty! I ****ing love this guy :)

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I read this and went straight to the mainboard thinking there would be a thread on it, and surely enough there was. Holy **** what a beauty! I ****ing love this guy :)

When "I don't care about hockey" ESPN is pushing a hockey highlight, and its one of our guys. You know something cool happened.

Nifty is an understatment. I love this kid.

Love the win more. Huge two points. If we get a favorable result from this Isles tonight we can actually jump both them and Pitt tomorrow.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
4-0-1 in matinee games this year.

I don't even think we had 4 wins combined in matinee games last 2 years before this, though we didn't have any 1:00 or 2:00 PM starts last year. We did win the 95 cup team game against the Flyers and that was a 5:00 start or something.

And Stempniak needs to suspended for that spear on Godstopbear. You can't do that to a HOF player and legend of the game like that.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
How did Blender's goal even go in? His move was beyond nifty, but to let that go in though. Seemed swiss cheese soft by the Flyers goalie.

Care to weigh in Bleed?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Loved Bouchers game today.

He might have had one with more accurate aim.

Kennedy had a good game too, which sucks because he's usually not good at offense at all. Today would have been a game for him to get an even strength point.

I think I like this result better, even if it gives the Flyers a point. I kept having a bad feeling that the Flyers would pull their goalie at the earliest chance they were able to from about 2:30-ish onward, if we were still up 1-0.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
How did Blender's goal even go in? His move was beyond nifty, but to let that go in though. Seemed swiss cheese soft by the Flyers goalie.

Care to weigh in Bleed?

It was a terrible goal to allow. The move was amazing, don't get me wrong. But that can't go in through the goaltender and the post like that. But I can't complain, it helped us get to OT, even though we almost ran them out of the building in the 1st period.

It wasn't as bad as the goal that Neuvirth allowed to Matteau last time we played them, but those might have been the two weakest goals we've scored all season. Neuvirth has played some good games against us in the past, particularly between 2009 and 2011, but I feel like he allows a weak goal almost every time we play him these last 3 or 4 years. I feel like Gionta has beat him 7 hole two different games when he was still with the Capitals.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Nice puck control and execution on the OT PP.

Cory #1 star again to give them a chance to win late.

Fortunate penalty called in OT but we were owed one by the refs as Philly got away with interference just before their December OT goal vs us in Newark.

Blender and Bouch were very good again. So was Sevs.

Holy cow is Gostibehrre good.
How the heck did their scouts get that one right.

Good to get 2 points there.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010

I don't ever recall Larsson sitting when he was playing very well. He would get benched or scratched when he made one mistake in a game (which isn't "playing very well"). To be clear... I never agreed with Deboers policies.

Anyways... I really think a lot of people over analyze these players (which I can be guilty of as well sometimes).

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I don't ever recall Larsson sitting when he was playing very well. He would get benched or scratched when he made one mistake in a game (which isn't "playing very well"). To be clear... I never agreed with Deboers policies.

Anyways... I really think a lot of people over analyze these players (which I can be guilty of as well sometimes).

Larsson made more than one mistake today, and certainly one big one that led to Philly's only goal (the failed clear) and another error that Cory being amazing managed to keep out, so if you think Larsson making one mistake a game under Pete meant he wasn't playing very well, how can you argue tonight that he was playing really well when he made two big mistakes? This just doesn't seem consistent to me.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Big win today, huge game tomorrow for NJD as we hardly ever get any help on the out of town scoreboard.

Back in a spot tomorrow with at least a point (Pitt doesn't play again until Monday). Wings are looking like the weak link in the Atlantic chain right now so root for Boston. Might be able to knock the Wings out and make room for both us and Pitt.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Larsson made more than one mistake today, and certainly one big one that led to Philly's only goal (the failed clear) and another error that Cory being amazing managed to keep out, so if you think Larsson making one mistake a game under Pete meant he wasn't playing very well, how can you argue tonight that he was playing really well when he made two big mistakes? This just doesn't seem consistent to me.

Read earlier messages... I was defending Larsson.

CHIP72

Mar 16, 2013
Silver Spring, MD
Blandisi's goal was scored at the end where I was sitting, and I still have no idea how he scored. Great stick work.

IMO the Devils were a bit lucky to get a win after being outplayed most of the 2nd and 3rd periods, but I'll take it.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Blandisi's goal was scored at the end where I was sitting, and I still have no idea how he scored. Great stick work.

IMO the Devils were a bit lucky to get a win after being outplayed most of the 2nd and 3rd periods, but I'll take it.

Me too :yo: I turned to my buddy and said "Did you see that? Between his legs!" That was incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad