Apr 14, 2012
D-men ice times:
Larsson- 28:36
Greene- 25:53
Moore- 23:08
Schlemko- 18:56
Severson- 15:32
Helgeson- 11:46

I think helgeson will go back as soon as Merrill returns and that will help the distribution a little bit

Why is Larsson getting an extra three minutes over Greene. Was it because he got pinned more?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The elbow on Zubrus also solidified him as a bit of a tool.

That's what started it for me.

And he was suspended for it.

And he was pure trash before he was suspended. Only 3 of his 17 playoff points that year came in the series against us.

He had 14 of them in 6 games in that first round pond hockey matchup against the Pens.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
Oh yes, forgot that I'm going to the rematch on Tuesday. It'll be my friend's first ever time at a hockey game. She's Australian by way of Russia and not really the type who attends live sports games, but she said she feels a connection with hockey.

Should be fun! Just hope they don't go an entire period where it seems like they're blindfolded.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Flyers are 2-10-4 against the Devils since the lockout

Yup, I'd be bored watching my team get their chest **** on and Cleveland Steamered time after time by a local rival.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
NJ Devils goaltending trolling flyers fans for decades, love it.
And Neuvirth gives up a super softy on goal 1. DD mentioned that he plays well against us, but he has been allowing a weak goal almost every game we play him for the last 4 or 5 years. After shutting us out and being undefeated against us before the 11-12 season I believe. He even allowed a couple identical softies to Gionta in different games when he played for the Capitals. He's a decent goaltender, he played great for the Sabres last year. But his .933 is super unsustainable and way above his career norm. He's the Dale Weise of goaltenders this year.
Tomorrow let's get revenge for 2012!!!

We are 2-0 against them in LA since the cup finals, though 0-2 against them in Newark since the cup finals.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Glad we won but I don't like that Blandisi wasn't out for any of the 4 on 4 in the final 2 minutes of regulation and not out at all on 3-3 play either. Does Hynes want to go to the shootout or put the offense out there and end it before the shootout? I don't get that strategy to keep your hottest offensive minded player on the bench when he has the most open ice. 2 Dmen? Fine. But he should have gotten at least a shift or two.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Flyers are 2-10-4 against the Devils since the lockout

Yup, I'd be bored watching my team get their chest **** on and Cleveland Steamered time after time by a local rival.

I think they're a little better than 2-10-4 against us since the lockout.

Is that their record against us in Philly since the lockout? Seems like too many games in Philly since then.

But I believe they have 4 or 5 wins over us since the lockout, but the series is still heavily in our favor.

They beat us in OT this year in December at home, our only OT loss of the season. They beat us last year in DeBoer's last week as coach. They beat us in OT in 13-14, they shut us out with Ray Emery earlier that year. And I think they had a shootout win against us in the lockout year.

Those are their only wins against us since game 1 of the 2012 playoffs series vs them. We've won every other game, not even sure how many wins cause I forget how many times we've played them every year. Some years 4, some years maybe 5. Still heavily in our favor though.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Oh yes, forgot that I'm going to the rematch on Tuesday. It'll be my friend's first ever time at a hockey game. She's Australian by way of Russia and not really the type who attends live sports games, but she said she feels a connection with hockey.

Should be fun! Just hope they don't go an entire period where it seems like they're blindfolded.

Hopefully the Devils treat you and your friend to a win.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Devils are the most boring team in the history of sports. Even that Blandisi goal was so boring, anyone could do that.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Larsson was decent but had some pretty awful plays too. He's been mediocre for weeks now.

I really think they need to manage his minutes better down the stretch. He's getting all the tough ice time.

Not sure he'll last at the level he was playing if they don't cut him some slack down the road and sprinkle in some softer coverage to give him a bit of a breather. I get that he's our #2, and practically not many guys can fill in his role right now because he's bruising every opponent around the boards.

Seth is the only other guy currently we have in our roster that plays them hard like Larsson does. Unfortunately for Seth... he is going to lose his spot as soon as Merril is really back. So Larsson will be probably forced to continue these grinding minutes............

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hynes barely has any eyebrows either

I do notice some eyelashes though.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Boucher missed, at least, two great chances. Not his day. His line had a lot of opportunities today, though.

Blandisi is such a joy. He's so fun to watch. That goal was dirty.

Schneider is a wall... if not for a bad clear by Larsson he would've an SO today.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
if he was mediocre for weeks the devils wouldn't really be having 7-2-2 record in the past 11 considering the minutes he and Greene play.

I love Larsson, this is just tough love. He sets a standard and plays lights out for stretches, then tails off for stretches. He needs to find a bit more consistency imo.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
I love Larsson, this is just tough love. He sets a standard and plays lights out for stretches, then tails off for stretches. He needs to find a bit more consistency imo.

that's like most players in the NHL no one really plays at their highest level game in and game out. it's hard through an 82 game season.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Larsson's still developing. I think we've got to keep in mind that only the second half of last season and this season has he really been allowed to play though mistakes and rough stretches. This is part of the learning process for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad