GDT: Devils vs Ducks - 8:00 PM - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
What the heck does this have to do with playing Cory tonight?

He has to play one of these next 2 games. I'd rather it be tonight then against the Sharks

He prob wont start tonight... but if you're looking for possible reasons he wont that technically could be one. Biggest reason is he sucks

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
I mean he has to win at some point, might as well be tonight.

That said we prob dont score more then 2 tonight

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I mean he has to win at some point, might as well be tonight.

That said we prob dont score more then 2 tonight
I don’t feel comfortably any time he’s in anymore, but we have to give Keith a rest at some point. As much as I think Cory is toast, I do think he’ll win a game again and play solid in a few games again, maybe even go on a hot streak. .905% goalies do this all the time. Marty certainly did in his last season and I really don’t think current Cory is any better than the final year Marty played here. And if he is, it’s not by much.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Has it been a full calendar year since Schneider's last regular season win yet? I want him to win but I also kind of want him to hit that mark for the giggles lol

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Has it been a full calendar year since Schneider's last regular season win yet? I want him to win but I also kind of want him to hit that mark for the giggles lol
December 27th 2017 was the last win.

He's only even allowed fewer than 3 goals in a regular season start once since then and it was against Carolina, who struggles to score on most teams and is probably responsible for the league average save percentage being over .905% this year all by themselves. And even in that game, we were down 2-0 just 30 seconds into that game.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Just now noticed that Henrique only has 6 goals in 31 games, but his shooting percentage is still 15.8%.:eek:

Good god, this is why I didn't wanna sign him long term. He's on pace for 16 goals this year while shooting almost 16%.

As soon as I saw he only had 6 goals, I figured maybe this was the year his shooting percentage was down to about 12% or so.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
He only has 38 shots in 31 games too, so I don't know if it's just a lesser role meaning less prime offensive opportunities, or if he's just having a down year.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He only has 38 shots in 31 games too, so I don't know if it's just a lesser role meaning less prime offensive opportunities, or if he's just having a down year.
He never generated a lot of shots on goal to begin with, but that's insanely low, even by his standards. I remember a constant knock on him was that he produces because he gets a lot of ice time. His icetime is down a bit there, but still over 16.5 minutes.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
A 35 year old career minor league goalie playing behind the worst defense and team in hockey, just held the Bruins to 1 goal on the first 43 shots he faced, before allowing a second goal on the 44th shot faced and in overtime.

If Mike McKenna can have a game like that, Cory certainly should be able to. So I don't wanna hear the excuses and how it's our defense if he looks like trash again or if he looks like he does in the Wings game, where he only allows 3 goals on 30 shots, but two of them are trash goals allowed that cost us the game, like he did in that one.

Reactions: Maine Fan

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
He's so streaky though that he might still go on one of his goal scoring tears and end up with 20 goals like he does seemingly every year.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I like the 5 PM PST start it so much better watching at 8 than 10:30 PM.

My football team is the Patriots who were totally embarrassing today as they were beat by Miami.

So I am looking for the Devils to have a winning game to offset the other loss today for me.

Go Devils

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He's so streaky though that he might still go on one of his goal scoring tears and end up with 20 goals like he does seemingly every year.
He may still end up with 20, but the troubling trend is if he scores 20 while still having that high of a shooting percentage.

God forbid his shooting percentage regresses to even 12% or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad