qQCFlq2.png

mo5IAJI.gif

RERrCp0.png

6FJxty3.png

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The ducks are 2nd to last in the NHL is scoring and dead last in shots, yet they're roughly a .500 team.

Show you how important defense is (they're top 10 in the league).

Reactions: JK3

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So we are 17th in shots against but 28th in goals against.
Goaltending: The act of stopping the ball or puck from entering the goal.

Although to be fair, one goaltender on this team is barely just below the league average, which is down from previous years by a significant margin and could be the lowest in 10 or 11 years.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The ducks are 2nd to last in the NHL is scoring and dead last in shots, yet they're roughly a .500 team.

Their defense is terrible. They’re allowing over 35 shots a game. Mostly because Carlyle is trash.

They have one of the best goalie tandems in the league.

Gibson is possibly the best goaltender in the league. I’d take him over just about anybody long term. Although his injury prone nature is concerning.

Reactions: VoidCreature

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Their defense is terrible. They’re allowing over 35 shots a game. Mostly because Carlyle is trash.

They have one of the best goalie tandems in the league.

Gibson is possibly the best goaltender in the league. I’d take him over just about anybody long term. Although his injury prone nature is concerning.

That had to sting a little mentioning the best tandem knowing how you just love Miller. :laugh:
I was kinda shocked at his numbers, he's only played 6 games but they're better than Gibson's. Must be nice to have a capable backup.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That had to sting a little mentioning the best tandem knowing how you just love Miller. :laugh:
I was kinda shocked at his numbers, he's only played 6 games but they're better than Gibson's. Must be nice to have a capable backup.
I think Miller probably wouldn’t be doing this well as a starter. He’s like the reverse Talbot, Jones, Rask, Schneider, Allen. All put up better numbers as backups than they did as starters from taking more games and playing more often. Miller is now putting up better numbers as a backup than a starter, since he was always a starter before this.

Miller has passed the eye test really well this year in my reviews I’ve done, Gibson has probably been one of the best I’ve seen on the eye test this year. Rinne, Andersen, Lundqvist and Varlamov have also been up there.

Reactions: JK3

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015

Wrong their defense hasn't been good.

Gibson has been objectively great however by every metic imaginable.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Not that it necessarily means anything, but Kinkaid is 0-4 in his career against the Ducks and has given up 16 goals. So either he's due or we're f***ed.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
Not that it necessarily means anything, but Kinkaid is 0-4 in his career against the Ducks and has given up 16 goals. So either he's due or we're ****ed.
Cory got injured vs them so maybe he sits this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad