GDT: Devils vs. Caps - 7:00 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Auvitu over Moore next game. Just please Hynes. Can we see what we have in him for more than 20 games. There literally is no argument that can be made to trot Moore out over him at this point. Nothing makes sense. We've seen what Moore has. By the eye test, it sucks. Analytically, it sucks. Just move on.

Hynes can't play guys that are in Albany.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
TG saying Shero will talk to Patty about where he's at.

The season is lost but my desire to watch would be back if Patty signs, I miss him.

I also miss TG. Not that Gross has been bad or anything, in fact I've liked his coverage quite a bit. But TG will always be the best for me.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Exactly - give us a reason to care.

It's on Patty more than anything. I have little doubts that Shero wouldn't sign him as soon as possible if he was healthy and ready to go. But he's up there in age and coming off a few injuries. TG said he was skating with our skills coach person, hopefully he's feeling up to the task of the last few games.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
We are a bad team and have been since game one. The only thing to really gauge this year was how well we brought along the young kids and see which of them cemented their spots.

The legit prospects we saw all need work but they belong and that's encouraging. I don't know how any fan didn't expect the games to still be brutal this year.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
aa0.png

Sums this game up tn.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
If Hynes wanted him on the main roster, I'm sure he'd be on the main roster.

Not entirely sure how the rules work, but I don't think they can take Auvitu - they used 4 non-emergency recalls paper recalling Wood, Blandisi, Santini, and Coleman.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
This. People are really surprised we lost to Washington in Washington? Okay then.

I'm stunned it was only 1-0 quite honestly...guess good Cory decided to show up now that it no longer matters except in terms of developing the younger players down the stretch.

CHIP72

Mar 16, 2013
Silver Spring, MD
I'm stunned it was only 1-0 quite honestly...guess good Cory decided to show up now that it no longer matters except in terms of developing the younger players down the stretch.

The Caps really didn't have that many good scoring chances. Of course, the Devils had even fewer quality scoring chances than the Caps.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
We can't expose our model defenseman.

16585208_1350692501687537_1396691096569905152_n.jpg

Most men wish they had his looks

No aspiring hockey player wishes they were as bad as him though.:laugh:

The PK was awful tonight, thought it was worse than the 4 minute PP. The second PK where they did not score, was even worse than the first one when they did score. The PK has been horrific and tough to watch ever since the PP became good. It's just like how when the defense is good, the offense is non-existent. The PK has been awful for the better part of a month, even when they aren't scoring against us on it.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Not entirely sure how the rules work, but I don't think they can take Auvitu - they used 4 non-emergency recalls paper recalling Wood, Blandisi, Santini, and Coleman.

Thought you were wrong, but Devils did the same with Boucher/Blandisi/Severson last year. Then called up Pietila, Wedgewood, and Mozik down the stretch but those were all "emergency" recalls. Zacha was technically the other recall from Albany for the rest of the year as he was assigned from Sarnia to Albany and then from there to NJ. I'm assuming that made him eligible for the AHL playoffs.

I'm not sure what players need to be emergency recalls, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Shero bring up a guy if he has to.

So for better or worse we are stuck with the guys we have on the NHL team right now for the rest of the year.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I'm waiting for Beginnings The Movie on the Lifetime Network starring Jake Gyllenhaal as John Moore, Bradley Cooper as Henrik Lundqvist with special appearances by Sam Worthington as Sean Avery and Rich Vos as John Tortorella.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Thought you were wrong, but Devils did the same with Boucher/Blandisi/Severson last year. Then called up Pietila, Wedgewood, and Mozik down the stretch but those were all "emergency" recalls. Zacha was technically the other recall from Albany for the rest of the year as he was assigned from Sarnia to Albany and then from there to NJ. I'm assuming that made him eligible for the AHL playoffs.

I'm not sure what players need to be emergency recalls, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Shero bring up a guy if he has to.

So for better or worse we are stuck with the guys we have on the NHL team right now for the rest of the year.

I'm not entirely sure how the rule works either, because I thought the NHL was talking about modifying this rule during the previous lockout - it handicaps NHL teams for the sake of the AHL team, which is a weird dependency to have. I get having a limit, but I think 4 is too low. But basically emergency recall can only happen if you have less than 12 forwards, 6 d, or 2 goalies. So the Devils did send Helgeson down, meaning if the Devils lost 2 D, they could recall Auvitu. Now granted the league tends to be pretty flexible with this and if you recall someone under emergency conditions, all you generally have to do is return him when the player who's injured comes back healthy.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm waiting for Beginnings The Movie on the Lifetime Network starring Jake Gyllenhaal as John Moore, Bradley Cooper as Henrik Lundqvist with special appearances by Sam Worthington as Sean Avery and Rich Vos as John Tortorella.

I always thought Henrik Zetterberg looked a little like Jake Gyllenhaal and Thomas Vanek looks a little like Bradley Cooper to me. I remember my then girlfriend thinking Vanek was Bradley Cooper when we were watching a game together. She also swore Kurtis Foster was actually some actor when he was interviewed after one of our games. I can't think of who it was. I think it's that guy that's married to Fergie or was married to her.

You gotta get Henry Winkler to play Torts. Since Winkler is quite a bit older these days, you'd have to do some weird CGI of old footage as the Fonz from Happy Days, to show the scenes of Tortorella as a young man. Kind of like the stupid music video (Isn't it Weezer?) where they got the cast of Happy Days in the video, even though it's 20 years or whatever after the show.:laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It's actually uncanny how much Gyllenhall (especially with a beard) looks like Zetterberg.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees this.

Vanek has a slight Bradley Cooper similarity in looks though. Mostly from the side profile, I think it is.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
great goal song. bruce dickinson.

NO IT'S NOT!

Just because Iron Maiden made some legendary records in the 80's, does not automatically mean everything they make is good! You have an Iron Maiden goal song and you pick some ****** song from 2000 by them? It's almost like Ozzy's ****** solo catalog from the 80's until present, after he was done with Black Sabbath. And how we have to be subjected to Crazy Train and oodles of Ozzy's garbage solo music on the radio, but they won't play Warpigs more than once in a blue moon because it's 8 minutes long.:rant:

Or like Dr Dre and his awful solo stuff after NWA and the fact that he was responsible for introducing the world to Eminem!

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I consider last night a win :laugh:

1-0 loss to a team that hasn't lost at home yet this calendar year. Played well positionally against a team that can light you up pretty quick.

If Patty comes back I'll be thrilled!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad