DEVS2_zpsart4uwqb.png

tumblr_m0x4xgz7yA1qii6tmo1_500.gif

Caps1_zpscecyzlpl.png

CAPS2_zpsqr9uj9ag.png

Last edited:

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Keeping my fingers crossed for a win. Best of luck to Wedgewood, and hoping he can lead us to another win. Let's go, Devils! Keep this playoff race somewhat interesting until the end please!

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
All the best to Wedge and company again tonight

Score was close during the last meeting and since they're coasting comfortably into the postseason let's make this the one game where we play a full 60 minutes to catch them off guard and steal a win!

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Keeping my fingers crossed for a win. Best of luck to Wedgewood, and hoping he can lead us to another win. Let's go, Devils! Keep this playoff race somewhat interesting until the end please!

if they win tonight we are gonna make this interesting.... need some help don't seem to be getting it...

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
if they win tonight we are gonna make this interesting.... need some help don't seem to be getting it...

Yeah, I'm trying not to even worry about what other teams do (though we need a team like Boston to falter for us to make it) and just focus on what the Devils do. Let's hope they can pull out another win tonight. Keep things interesting.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Get Warsofky to the chicken tenders suite.

Sad thing is Hynes seems to think Waiver Wire is good. Talked about how he did well in TG's latest blog. Made me want to facepalm. Hynes mentioned Waiver Wire doing well last night rather than talking about Severson, who actually did have a strong game in my opinion. Oof. :help:

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Keep it up Wedge!

Let's see Palms hit 30! Rico too, let's get greedy.

Most of all, let's keep Holtby as far away from Marty's record as possible!

LGD!

Privet

Sep 25, 2015
Victoria, BC
Goodluck tonight! I expect a poor effort from the Caps. However, their 3rd period comebacks will be fun to watch as usual :)

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I do hope Wedgewood becomes good, because he seems like a good guy to root for, as does Kinkaid.

Kinkaid just hasn't been very good this year, and it started before Cory's injury. He wasn't able to put together more than two good games in a row.

Hellraiser

Jun 12, 2015
New Jersey
Love the way these lines look. With a few additions and subtractions I feel that they can do significant damage next season. It looks a lot better to me when tootoo and Kennedy are not in the lineup, but it would look even better if Farnham, gio, and Ruutu weren't in it either and replaced with nhl caliber players

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Love the way these lines look. With a few additions and subtractions I feel that they can do significant damage next season. It looks a lot better to me when tootoo and Kennedy are not in the lineup, but it would look even better if Farnham, gio, and Ruutu weren't in it either and replaced with nhl caliber players

Since we already have better players to construct a 4th line out of, I'm hoping there won't be a spot for any of these guys next year. And that includes Tootoo also.

Farnham can be the extra forward, but we all KNOW that if Gionta and Tootoo are on this team next year in any capacity, they will play every night when healthy.

Hopefully management doesn't feel the need to have a Tootoo or ''Prototypical 4th line players'' playing on the 4th line next year.

We have the players to construct a decent 4th line, it's just now all about finding a good group to constuct a 3rd line out of. That way we don't have to use those players as 3rd liners again next year.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I do hope Wedgewood becomes good, because he seems like a good guy to root for, as does Kinkaid.

Kinkaid just hasn't been very good this year, and it started before Cory's injury. He wasn't able to put together more than two good games in a row.

It's been beaten to death, but Kinkaid is just so incredibly inconsistent that he cannot be relied upon heavily. Even as a backup, you just can't sense what type of game he'll play. When he's on, he has the potential to steal a game. But when he's off, he looks like he can't stop a beach ball.

Who knows if Wedgewood will be more consistent in his career, but he looks much calmer in net. I agree with your assessment that he does go to the butterfly too quickly and it could lead to trouble in his development if he continues there. But I've been a fan of his (biased of course) since we drafted him and I'm just hoping he can keep that consistency going somehow.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Sad thing is Hynes seems to think Waiver Wire is good. Talked about how he did well in TG's latest blog. Made me want to facepalm. Hynes mentioned Waiver Wire doing well last night rather than talking about Severson, who actually did have a strong game in my opinion. Oof. :help:

Sevs & Moore did not start the game well and were shaky in their own end.

But Sevs finished strong the last two periods.

The problem is if we hook Warf we have to insert a grenade handler in Helgy.

No-win situation.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Sevs & Moore did not start the game well and were shaky in their own end.

But Sevs finished strong the last two periods.

The problem is if we hook Warf we have to insert a grenade handler in Helgy.

No-win situation.

That's kind of a pick your poison situation. Both of them get trapped in their own zone way too much. I think there was like a ninety second shift with Waiver Wire trapped in his own zone last night.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
That's kind of a pick your poison situation. Both of them get trapped in their own zone way too much. I think there was like a ninety second shift with Waiver Wire trapped in his own zone last night.

They both are not good.

90-second last night, 3 minutes in LA a few weeks ago with Helgy.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It's been beaten to death, but Kinkaid is just so incredibly inconsistent that he cannot be relied upon heavily. Even as a backup, you just can't sense what type of game he'll play. When he's on, he has the potential to steal a game. But when he's off, he looks like he can't stop a beach ball.

Who knows if Wedgewood will be more consistent in his career, but he looks much calmer in net. I agree with your assessment that he does go to the butterfly too quickly and it could lead to trouble in his development if he continues there. But I've been a fan of his (biased of course) since we drafted him and I'm just hoping he can keep that consistency going somehow.
Kinkaid might be one of these Hedberg types that is good as a backup, but isn't any good when he has to play consecutive games at the NHL level or starts a string of games in a short period of time. Hedberg wasn't a very good goaltender as a 1b or starter in his career, but was amazing as a backup for us. He was capable of putting together a couple weeks of good play when Marty was injured sometimes. Then he also looked terrible in his last season as a de facto starter.

And while Kinkaid wasn't as good as last year when he was still just the backup, he was probably adequate enough as an NHL backup and not any worse than most typical backups. And there are always the random backups that fluctuate year to year, like Montoya, Johnson and Brian Elliott. Maybe he's one of those.
They both are not good.

90-second last night, 3 minutes in LA a few weeks ago with Helgy.
I'd take Helgeson over Warsofsky, as he's an okay #7 guy to insert when there's injuries. Warsofsky is just terrible though, and them out there together is a disaster.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I like Kinkaid, he's a good dude but I think he struggles with the game mentally. He seems to get really down on himself and is a bit wishy washy with his comments if that makes any sense, just doesn't sound very confident at times and second guesses himself. It's way too early but Wedgewood seems pretty confident in his abilities and just seems to be a lot more calm and cool. He's had a tremendous start so he's riding a bit of a high now so that may change eventually.

Last edited:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Kink has the athletic ability to be a good NHL goaltender.

He just needs more work and some help with the mental aspect of the game at this level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad