GDT: Devils vs. Capitals - Retro Night 7:00 PM MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Cory had a .931 save percentage for the month of January. Not his greatest month ever, but the two previous months may have been the worst two months of his career. He also saved about 3 sure goals tonight, to even out the 3 goals he allowed in the 1st period of Tuesday night's game, which he really had no chance on any of them. Outside of maybe a poor rebound on one of them.

.931 for the month of January, even with those two different games where he allowed 3 goals in a matter of minutes in the 1st period. When Kinkaid started that game over Cory against the Capitals after the insane game before that, I thought it was justified, as Cory was legitimately not playing good at that time. There was really no reason to do that this time, as Cory has been pretty good since before Christmas. Kinkaid didn't have much of a chance on about 3 of tonight's goals either, but it was still a pretty useless move IMO, unless Cory was legit ill and the fact that he came in after 4 goals (Hynes made a goalie pull 2 games in a row! The apocalypse might be near!:handclap:) like it was nothing, tells me he probably wasn't ill.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Watching that DSP shot again, Holtby's glove just barely made contact with the puck. Just ever so slightly.

Really looked like it was going wide anyway.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
He is still a better offense talent than Stollery.

Honestly the whole thing needs to be scrapped. It is total garbage and predictable.

It's almost too simple for opposing teams to defend. Clog, pressure, clear the zone and repeat.

At even strength as well, other teams are well aware that we struggle with passing. When we don't have an open lane it's a panic followed by just throwing the puck away for most of our guys.

The number of times we'll even have all 3 of our forwards in the offensive zone on the same side of the ice is sickening and little has been changed to address this continuing issue. The other team controls the puck throws it to their 2 guys open at the other side of the ice and bam they're out of our zone. Last night when Cory was pulled for the 6 on 5 at the end of the game, we had 4 guys below the goal line/in the corner at one point on the same side of the ice covering 2 Caps players.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
It's almost too simple for opposing teams to defend. Clog, pressure, clear the zone and repeat.

At even strength as well, other teams are well aware that we struggle with passing. When we don't have an open lane it's a panic followed by just throwing the puck away for most of our guys.

The number of times we'll even have all 3 of our forwards in the offensive zone on the same side of the ice is sickening and little has been changed to address this continuing issue. The other team controls the puck throws it to their 2 guys open at the other side of the ice and bam they're out of our zone. Last night when Cory was pulled for the 6 on 5 at the end of the game, we had 4 guys below the goal line/in the corner at one point on the same side of the ice covering 2 Caps players.

Under DeBoer, we all had nightmares of seeing cycles. Now, I would kill to see a cycle. :laugh::laugh:

In all honesty, last night was a lot better in terms of sustained offensive pressure.

I may also be in the minority here, but I would try to get Hall playing more of a cycle game. Seems like he tries to force plays a lot in the offensive zone which usually turns the puck over. I think if you can just get him cycling the puck well enough with two capable linemates, he's bound to find an open guy and create chances.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Under DeBoer, we all had nightmares of seeing cycles. Now, I would kill to see a cycle. :laugh::laugh:

In all honesty, last night was a lot better in terms of sustained offensive pressure.

I may also be in the minority here, but I would try to get Hall playing more of a cycle game. Seems like he tries to force plays a lot in the offensive zone which usually turns the puck over. I think if you can just get him cycling the puck well enough with two capable linemates, he's bound to find an open guy and create chances.

This.

We need to control the play in the offensive zone longer then we have and there's no better way to do that then cycling the puck down low. At the moment, we're entering the offensive zone, forcing plays that aren't there, that leads to turnovers and counter attacks.

We saw glimpses of that when he fed the points (Severson and Quincey), when he got double teamed along the boards, leading to solid scoring chances.

* Quincey didn't receive the pass properly which led to a turnover but anyone else would've been in a prime spot to let her rip.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Just watched some highlights from last night.

Wtf is Tom Wilson doing as the third man in a Palmieri v. Orpik fight. What a clown.
That's why I said I would have decked him right then and there.

I wish Hall would have taken a cheap shot at him when he was standing next to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad