GDT: Devils vs Bruins and Canadiens - Preseason - 7:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Amanda is in Montreal so if you are blacked out of the bruins game, she won’t be providing any play by play stuff.

I am guessing Chris Ryan is in Jersey, but he really sucks at in game tweeting.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
It's a poor combo who will accentuate each other's worst qualities.
IWrdhKW.png

Not sure which numbers support this. Other than the meme that both are "offensive defensemen", I don't see why pairing two players that do a lot well would be an issue.

Reactions: My3Sons

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
I’m ok with a butcher severson pairing if the lines played out this way:
Smith-Subban
Butcher-Severson
Greene-Vatanen

I’m not really interested in seeing vats with Subban or Greene with Smith

I also don’t think vatanen is in our long term plans but maybe they want to maximize his trade value by putting him on the top line with Subban

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
IWrdhKW.png

Not sure which numbers support this. Other than the meme that both are "offensive defensemen", I don't see why pairing two players that do a lot well would be an issue.

The detractors will say that the charts fail to cover giveaways or leaving guys open in the D zone for Sevs or failure to get to loose pucks or deny the front of the net for Butcher. I think the time has come for both of them to try them as a second pair and hopefully they work out. Smith should be on the bottom pair and probably switch games on and off with Greene. You don't want Carrick on the second pair so unless Vats is moved away from Subban what realistic options does NJ have anyway? Mueller? Maybe but he doesn't seem to have the confidence of the staff if his posting for the first exhibition game is any indication.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
A scheduled YouTube live stream by the Devils for the game popped up in my suggestions. I haven't seen an area-restricted (other than entire-country restriction) YouTube vid before, so possibly good news for out of town people like me.

They haven't announced anything on twitter, but an official youtube video does exist.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
A scheduled YouTube live stream by the Devils for the game popped up in my suggestions. I haven't seen an area-restricted (other than entire-country restriction) YouTube vid before, so possibly good news for out of town people like me.

This is very exciting as I'll be able to have both games going

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Fans are gathering near the player tunnel to get a good look at Hughes (and some of the other players too) when he steps on the ice. Don’t think warmups are starting for another 10 minutes or so.

First jersey I saw when I got here was a Hischier, the next was a Subban. I’ve also seen a Devils Hughes and a NTDP Hughes.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
I'm excited to see what this Goose hype is all about. He has a crazy amount of talent and I'm excited to see it translate in a game. Putting him on Hughes' wing makes it even more fun.

Figgie

Apr 24, 2018
Finland
excited to see what this Goose hype is all about. He has a crazy amount of talent and I'm excited to see it translate in a game. Putting him on Hughes' wing makes it even more fun.

All-time when Hughes and Gusev are not on ice so I am just waiting that they come back to ice :D I am also very exited to se Subban playing!!

Reactions: Devilsgrl35

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Are you sure that Hughes can score AgAiNst MeN????

This isn’t directed only at you but this "against men" thing is overplayed. It was somewhat relevant for about 10 days but it’s been months now.

Just my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad