GDT: Devils vs. Bruins - 7:00PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Bruins are not the Bruins of years past that dominated us. Devils are also much differently structured now.

During the DeBoer era, they were better at playing the way DeBoer wanted. We tried to out cycle them and between the hockey sense of guys like Bergeron and the size of guys like Lucic, it never worked.

Now we're likely going to beat them with speed and I'm not sure their defense is well-equipped to handle that.

It's true that we are a faster team now, and that the Bruins aren't as strong a team as they were a few years back. Hopefully that works to our advantage tonight.

6GP, 0G 1A -8

But we have to remember he was on the Oilers haha and the Bruins have always bveen good during his career.

No real sample....but last 3 seasons:

4GP
0 Goals
0 Assists
-5 +/-

Thanks for the stats. Guess Hall is in a similar boat as the Devils. Hopefully new patterns are created tonight.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Man, loving your new avatar!!

LGD!

Slow days at work spawn greatness. 45 seconds of productivity :laugh:

Going to have to DVR most of tonight since I have a game.Hopefully it goes better than I expect.

Decent interview with Kerfoot on Fire and Ice by the way.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Not So Fun Fact:

Devils are 4-17 against Boston since 2010 and two of those wins were the last games of the season where Boston sat many starters. :help:

Let's change the tide!
One of those 4 times was actually the last time we played them last year.

But it seemed like a perfect storm of perfection for us. Bruins were in an implosion, Kinkaid played one of his rare good games last season and made 42 saves or something, he didn't even seem like he faced 40 shots.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
I think we can beat Boston. Looking for some improvement at even strength.

Our PP will get goals throughout the season, not really worried there.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Game day, d**ks out (credit to guy on Facebook)

6Bhqf4u.jpg

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
With the way Boston has been playing we are going to need a lot of goals to win this one.

They are averaging just .3 more shots per game then NJ. Yet they average a full 2 goals more per game. I bet that begins to level off. Like Tonight!!!!!!

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
Ill be happy to just get a point out of tonights game. We always struggle in Boston and its their home opener so you know they are going to come out strong. If we put up a good game but lose, I won't be too disappointed either. Hopefully they get overly aggressive and take too many penalties. Well see...

NorwegianDevil

Jul 13, 2012
Trondheim, Norway
I just saw a program where a woman gave birth to this gigantic baby causing her to tear up all her downstairs-equipment..

Hoping this game will end better for the Devils!

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Beauty GDT, love the Big Daddy Kane at the end.

Good luck.

Thanks! I think we might need your luck, since we rarely beat you guys. Especially in your building.:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad