GDT: Devils vs. Blue Jackets - 7:00 PM - MSG+2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
That was management's call. Maybe the coach was told who to play. I'm skeptical the players and coach thought losing on purpose was a good thing. They don't seem to view it like fans do. I was lucky enough to spend some summers as a teen ager around NHL players in the offseason and they saw the draft picks as someone coming to take their jobs. I can't imagine a coach thinks overseeing a dumpster fire is a good career move. Notice the Pens switched coaches when Mario arrived.

Probably right, but Pittsburgh management was definitely trying to lose that year.

Camille the Eel

The Blue Jackets have a fairly rough remaining schedule. Penguins, Penguins, Islanders, Bruins, Hurricanes, Bruins. Then the Western Canada trip. Then the Islanders again after they get back. They do get the Sabres, Rangers and Senators all in the last week of the season. Aside from those teams and the Oilers and Canucks on the road, it’s all either playoff teams or the teams they’re battling for like two with the Pens, and one each against the Hurricanes and Canadiens. Three more against the Bruins, Islanders and a game against the Predators on the road and the Flames on the road. They haven’t even played the Bruins yet this season I guess. Reminds of when Florida had to play all those games against Boston in the last month of the season last year.
Really tough schedule. And they looked last night like they had lost their identity. Added skill but didn’t know what to do with it. Added Duchene but not jelling. Or just a team in a slump. Bad time of year for a slump.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
i wonder if hynes adjusted our strategy, which coincided with the trade deadline by pure chance, or if we’re simply getting better goaltending

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
i wonder if hynes adjusted our strategy, which coincided with the trade deadline by pure chance, or if we’re simply getting better goaltending

I'm telling you, it's just because there are so many Bingo players in the lineup and they are playing the system they play down there. Hynes hasn't coached the system out of them yet.

Last edited:

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
That might have some credence if Bingo was actually good.

They don't have to be good to be structured. They play with structure but have 0 talent. That will lose you as many games as having talent but no structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad